Ella Henderson praises The X Factor, says she was ‘groomed’ amid massive criticism of the show

Ella Henderson spoke positively about her experience with The X Factor on Tuesday, saying she had a “very different experience” from others, following massive criticism of the treatment of stars.

The 25-year-old singer praised the music competition for giving her a platform, but admitted that social media pressures have left her unsure if she has the strength to audition these days.

Her comments come after an announcement in July that The X Factor has been cancelled, much to the delight of contestants including Katie Waisell and Jedward, who responded by discussing the shocking treatment they received behind the scenes.

‘I was well looked after’: Ella Henderson spoke positively about her experience with The X Factor on Tuesday, saying she had a ‘very different experience’ from others, following massive criticism of the treatment of stars

But Ella shared her own personal experience, telling the Loose Women panelists, “Yeah, I mean for me, it was a very different experience.

“Being 16 years old, I was very well looked after and looked after. And my parents didn’t leave my side either, I literally had my mommy and daddy every step of the way and they’re just like that, they still are.

‘I think my mother finds it very difficult that I live away and spend a lot of time in London. We are so close and close that it was very, very grounding for me to have them with me from day one.”

She continued: ‘Yes, everyone has their own version of events and for me that show gave me a huge platform and one of my goals was to become a singer/songwriter.

Support: The singer, 25, praised the music competition for giving her a platform (pictured in 2012), while admitting she's not sure she'll have the strength to audition these days, due to social media pressure

Support: The singer, 25, praised the music competition for giving her a platform (pictured in 2012), while admitting she’s not sure she’ll have the strength to audition these days, due to social media pressure

Response: Her comments come after an announcement in July that The X Factor has been cancelled, much to the delight of contestants including Katie Waisell (pictured) and Jedward, who responded by discussing the shocking treatment they received behind the scenes.

Response: Her comments come after an announcement in July that The X Factor has been cancelled, much to the delight of contestants including Katie Waisell (pictured) and Jedward, who responded by discussing the shocking treatment they received behind the scenes.

“And to have so many achievements now and to have so many that I want to achieve is unbelievable.”

Ella discussed what it was like to come to the attention of the public at such a young age, continued to praise The X Factor, but emphasized the negative impact of social media on artists.

She continued: “I swear I’m like Peter Pan and never grew up.

‘I can’t believe I did that’ [X Factor] at 16. Looking at it still makes me tip my toes up and get really nervous.

“I think if social media were as big as it is now, I don’t think I could have done that show. It is so present and present and I was protected against that at that age.’

Honest: But when she shared her own personal experience, Ella told the Loose Women panelists,

Honest: But when she shared her own personal experience, Ella told the Loose Women panelists, “Yeah, I mean for me, it was a completely different experience.”

Real: She continued,

Real: She continued, “Being 16 years old, I was very well looked after and looked after. And neither did my parents, I literally had my mom and dad every step of the way.”

Last month, former X Factor stars Jedward and Katie Waissel reacted with joy to the news that the show had been discontinued after 17 years.

It has been reported that Simon Cowell, 61, has pulled the plug on the ITV talent show – which launched in 2004 and last aired in 2018 – because he doesn’t want the program to ‘become a bit of a joke’.

Hot on the heels of the news, Irish twins, 29, who rose to fame on the show in 2008, wrote: “Xfactor has been axed Mission Complete,” while Katie, 35, who appeared in 2010, shared MailOnline’s news alert, writing: ‘Journey for Justice’.

Katie claimed earlier this year that she had been sexually assaulted by someone from the X Factor team years after she appeared on the show, while Jedward was open in their criticism of the show.

The decision to scrap the show comes on the heels of former contestants who are taking on the British music industry for “exploiting” and treating them like “cattle” since their overnight fame.

'Mission complete': Last month, former X Factor stars Jedward (pictured in 2009) and Katie Waissel took to social media to respond to the news that the show was gleefully discontinued after 17 years

‘Mission complete’: Last month, former X Factor stars Jedward (pictured in 2009) and Katie Waissel took to social media to respond to the news that the show was gleefully discontinued after 17 years

2010 X Factor star Rebecca Ferguson, 35, has called for an urgent parliamentary inquiry to help protect young and emerging artists, and for an independent tribunal to try those responsible for ill-treatment within the industry.

Fellow contestant Cher Lloyd, 27, had also lashed out at the industry, claiming she was also mistreated.

Discussing her alleged assault, Katie said the incident took place in the US when she met the person to talk about recording work.

The singer said that if she could have changed the past, she would never have appeared at the singing competition.

Happy: Katie, 35, who appeared in 2010, shared MailOnline's news alert, writing: 'Journey for justice'

Happy: Katie, 35, who appeared in 2010, shared MailOnline’s news alert, writing: ‘Journey for justice’

A Syco Entertainment spokesperson said at the time: “We were notified of Katie’s allegations through the media in late 2017 and we immediately contacted her and launched an investigation.

“We were obviously shocked by the allegations and wanted to do everything we could to help – so we asked her to file a complaint with us and detail the allegations for that purpose. In the meantime, we’ve suspended the suspect.

“Despite several requests for Katie to tell us the allegations, she chose not to file a complaint about his conduct. As a result, and with no other evidence to the contrary, we were forced to accept his rejection of the claims.

“We remain of course willing to investigate her claims if she chooses to elaborate them on us and even if the alleged perpetrator no longer works for Syco or Sony Music.”

Shock: Jack Remington, who was a wild card act with his friend Joel Fisher in 2017, also took to Twitter to share a sarcastic post about his time on the show and the behavior of Simon (Jack and Joel, pictured on the show)

Shock: Jack Remington, who was a wild card act with his friend Joel Fisher in 2017, also took to Twitter to share a sarcastic post about his time on the show and the behavior of Simon (Jack and Joel, pictured on the show)

Following on from Katie and Jedward’s posts, Jack Remington, who was a wild card act with his friend Joel Fisher in 2017, also took to Twitter to share a sarcastic post about his time on the show and Simon’s behavior.

He wrote: ‘So sad that The X Factor is officially over. Had such an amazing and supportive journey on that show…

My favorite moment was when Simon, my mentor, told us when we were kicked out of the live shows that ‘it was such a shame because he was just starting to like us’. What a nice man xx…

This was literally while the cameras were also rolling, Dermot was still finishing the show and Si dropped that bomb on us while we were still on stage so we just had to smile and laugh like he was talking to some s**te had said. kidding haha…

Shock: Jack shared the story with his 63,1,000 followers, four years after his appearance

Shock: Jack shared the story with his 63,1,000 followers, four years after his appearance

“To reiterate, we’d been to our audition, boot camp, jury houses and weeklong live shows, which were months over the year under his ‘mentorship’. To hear this when our journey ended.”

Speaking on the Hits Radio Breakfast show, Fleur East, 33, star of the 2015 12th series, said: ‘You know what, I believe this is the right thing to do….

“I feel like you’re missing something when it’s been gone for a while, you know. It got a bit much, and now I think after five years we’re going to like it, you know. You need something to leave to miss it.’

Working on it!  Fleur East, star of the 12th series of 2015, spoke on Hits Radio Breakfast show where she said 'You know what, I believe this is the right thing to do'

Working on it! Fleur East, star of the 12th series of 2015, spoke on Hits Radio Breakfast show where she said ‘You know what, I believe this is the right thing to do’

.