Man Dies of Severe Burns After Hazard Reduction Burn Goes Terribly Wrong
- Property owner dies in planned burning gone wrong
- Forbes man set fire to his paddock, got trapped
An elderly man died of severe burns after a hazard reduction burn went horribly wrong.
The 75-year-old man died of severe burns after becoming trapped in one of his paddocks in Forbes, in mid-west New South Wales, at 11.30am on Saturday.
The man had started the fire with the help of the NSW Rural Fire Service and members of his family.
An elderly homeowner died when a hazard reduction burn went tragically wrong
Emergency services responded to The Bogan Way in Forbes at around 11:30am after receiving the distress call. The man was airlifted to Sydney but died there on Saturday night.
Emergency services rushed to his property along The Bogan Way after receiving the distress call.
Paramedics and Rural Firefighters attended him at the scene.
He was airlifted to Royal North Shore Hospital in Sydney, where he died on Saturday night.
Although a crime scene has been established at the property, the circumstances are not believed to be suspicious.
But a Central West Police forensics team is investigating and a coroner’s report will be prepared.