A doctor’s dinner: GP shares her easy recipe for a healthy ‘rainbow’ chicken parmigiana – and it’s a family favorite
- Doctor shared a simple recipe for the perfect ‘rainbow’ chicken parmigiana
- Dr. Preeya Alexander said that it takes a lot of vegetables and there is no need for fried
- You will need diced tomatoes, silver beet, mushrooms, olives, cheese and chicken
A doctor shared her simple recipe for the perfect ‘rainbow’ chicken parmigiana without using a deep fryer.
Dr. Preeya Alexander, from Melbourne, made the dish for her family of four with homemade chicken cutlets topped with the ‘rainbow’ vegetable mix such as diced tomatoes, silver beet, mushrooms, olives, onion, garlic and cheese.
‘These are my rainbow chicken parmigiana; they are very easy to make and there is no frying or risk of burns from hot oil, ‘she continued Instagram.
A doctor made a ‘rainbow’ chicken parmigiana (photo) with vegetables such as diced tomatoes, silver beet, mushrooms, olives, onion, garlic and cheese
How to make ‘rainbow’ chicken parmigiana
1-2 cans of low-salt tomato cubes
Vegetables – silver beet, mushrooms and olives, minced meat
Onion and garlic, minced
Pre-made chicken cutlets or make your own
Fry the onion and garlic in a pan
2. Add mushrooms if using and brown them
3. Add the diced tomatoes and rest of the vegetables and cook. Let it simmer for more than 30 minutes
4. Place the cutlets in a bowl and cover with the rainbow mix, sprinkle cheese and bake at 180 degrees for 35 minutes, or until golden brown
Serve with a salad or steamed vegetables
She started by frying the onions and garlic in a pan, before adding the chopped mushrooms – and cooking them until brown.
Then she added the canned tomatoes.
“The amount of tomatoes is based on the number of cutlets you top up and how many vegetables you have,” explains Dr. Alexander.
As soon as the tomatoes are simmering, she added the chopped vegetables.
Dr. Preeya Alexander, from Melbourne, made the dish without a deep fryer
“Boil it, simmer for more than 30 minutes if you can and the deliciousness will wilt,” she said.
To fry the dish, she placed the raw chicken cutlets on a baking tray, topped with the rainbow vegetable mix and sprinkled with cheese.
She baked the parmigiana at 180 degrees Celsius for 35 minutes, or until golden brown and the cheese melted.
‘My kids love it, love it, love it and we ate it with ginger broccoli. This also works with cauliflower steaks. Just a simple goodness for tonight, ‘she added.