Donald Trump’s disgraceful fixer, Michael Cohen, is back in custody after breaking the curfew at the restaurant
Michael Cohen, the former personal lawyer of President Donald Trump, was sent back to prison on Thursday after being caught dining at a Manhattan restaurant outside his hometown.
He has been taken back into federal custody, Reuters reported.
Cohen was seen on Thursday at a sidewalk table outside Le Bilboquet, a French restaurant around the corner from his Park Avenue apartment, with his wife Laura and another couple.
He served a three-year sentence for crimes such as tax evasion, bank fraud and lying to Congress when he was released due to the coronavirus crisis.
Cohen was released on May 20 for the coronavirus, even after a judge refused to reduce his sentence two months earlier.
On July 2, he tweeted that he was “almost done” with a book – then went out for dinner.
Former President Donald Trump’s lawyer enjoyed a Thursday outing at a sidewalk table outside Le Bilboquet, a French restaurant on the Upper East Side
He was with his wife Laura and another couple and only left the establishment at 11.30pm
Cohen and his group were the last to leave the establishment
The meal broke its curfews by being in the dark; he was with his wife Laura and another couple and did not leave the establishment until 11:30 pm New York Post reports. His group left last.
While the Cohens did not wear masks while they were with the couple, they did put on masks before exchanging hugs with the other couple.
According to an employee of eatery Avra Madison, located on East 60th Street, Cohen also visited that restaurant.
“He’s nice and always came here,” the source said of the former attorney’s visit earlier this week.
“Ten months after his imprisonment, it is time for Cohen to accept the consequences of his criminal convictions for serious crimes that have suffered widespread institutional damage,” said William Pauley, a federal judge in Manhattan.
His sentence will expire on November 22, 2021, according to the Bureau of Prisons website.
Cohrey attorney Jeffrey K Levine defended his client’s outing, saying Cohen is “on leave right now.”
Levine added that his client “did not violate any of the terms of his release … and any statement or suggestion to the contrary would be utterly inaccurate and untrue.”
The 53-year-old was sentenced to three years for a series of crimes, but was released from prison on May 20 for the corona virus
While the Cohens weren’t wearing masks while they were with the pair, they did put on masks before exchanging hugs with the other pair
Cohen made his first comments (photo) in a tweet Thursday. “I’m so happy to be home and back with my family,” he tweeted just after noon. The disgraced lawyer has announced that he plans to speak out, but not currently
On the BOP leave request form, prisoners must provide a leave address and declare when signing: “I am authorized to be only in the area of the destination shown above and at regular stopovers or points on a direct route to or from that destination. ‘
There is an additional provision that states, “I will not leave the area of my leave without permission, except traveling to the leave destination and returning to the institution.”
Cameron Lindsay, an ex-BOP official and former director, said Cohen’s little outing “ doesn’t look right ” and can be considered a terms violation.
“I find it unusual for him to eat out,” Lindsay said.
“I don’t know if I can ever remember that leave is approved for social reasons.”
After his release, Cohen made his first comments in a tweet on May 21. “I’m so happy to be home and back with my family,” he tweeted just after noon.
The disgraced lawyer has announced that he intends to speak out.
“There is so much I want to say and intend to say,” he wrote. However, he adds, “This is not the right time. Soon ‘and thanks to his supporters.