Dog walkers warned for hand and foot warmers after a Golden Retriever died after eating one

Dog walkers warned about wearing hand and foot warmers after a Golden Retriever died of eating one

  • A dog died after eating a hand and foot heating product called Hot Hands
  • Dog breeder has taken Facebook to warn others of the danger
  • She says that dog runners have to be extra careful in the early hours to prevent risks
Advertisements

Dog walkers are warned of the danger of a simple winter accessory that has left a dog dead.

The golden retriever died in intensive care early in the week after eating a hand warmer that had fallen out of his owner's pocket.

Warnings have been given to other dog walkers about the dangers.

Dog breeder Sharon Patterson wrote on Facebook: & # 39; I just want to give everyone a warning about the death of a dog that we breed & # 39 ;.

Advertisements

A Facebook message on Wednesday from the dog's breeder, Sharon Patterson, stated that the curious puppy had found the Hot Hands, an air-activated heating package, after it & # 39; from a jacket pocket & # 39; seemed to have fallen before he ate the whole of the deadly content.

A Facebook message on Wednesday from the dog's breeder, Sharon Patterson, stated that the curious puppy had found the Hot Hands, an air-activated heating package, after it & # 39; from a jacket pocket & # 39; seemed to have fallen before he ate the whole of the deadly content.

She added: & # 39; His family was unaware that something was wrong until he vomited and then they found part of the chewed hand warmer. & # 39;

The warming devices contain iron powder, a deadly poison that can kill dogs.

Once the package of the heater is opened, oxygen reacts with the iron in the product to create a chemical reaction that produces heat.

The pet was sent to a vet overnight, but showed no signs of improvement and died the next day.

The Facebook post reads: & # 39; He was not his usual self and was [returned] to the vets and ended up in intensive care for treatment and monitoring.

Advertisements

& # 39; Unfortunately he suffered organ damage, he got worse all night and died. & # 39;

Keep a warning reading & # 39; out of the reach or reach of children and pets & # 39; is placed on the product.

The tragic incident shocked and upset the family and breeder.

Dog runners standing backwards at crucial hours, & # 39; early in the morning or & # 39; late at night, are encouraged to be wary and take the necessary preventive measures to keep animals out of the danger zone.

Dog runners standing backwards at crucial hours, & # 39; early in the morning or & # 39; late at night, are encouraged to be wary and take the necessary preventive measures to keep animals out of the danger zone.

Dog runners standing backwards at crucial hours, & # 39; early in the morning or & # 39; late at night, are encouraged to be wary and take the necessary preventive measures to keep animals out of the danger zone.

Advertisements

& # 39; His family has been destroyed and so have we. This was a huge warning for us, I don't want this to happen to anyone else, & Patterson wrote,

& # 39; Please, if you use this type of air-controlled handwarmers, make sure that they are kept where your dog or cat cannot reach them. Also make sure that if you throw them away, it is somewhere that animals cannot reach. I personally don't think I will have this in our house. & # 39;

Daily Mail Australia has contacted Kobayashi, the company that owns Hot Hands, for comments.

Advertisements

. [TagsToTranslate] Dailymail

- Advertisement -