‘He’s training for it, he’s ready…I’m going to fight!’: Dillian Whyte is ready to ‘get up’ and have a ‘great fight’ with Anthony Joshua in December… after Tyson Fury claimed Battle of Britain with AJ is OUT[noscript_1]
Dillian Whyte has stated he is ready to ‘step up’ and fight Anthony Joshua in December after Tyson Fury claimed a Battle of Britain with longtime rival AJ was now out.
On Monday night, Fury insisted he will not fight heavyweight rival Joshua after his fellow Briton missed a 5pm deadline on Monday to sign the contract.
Fury has become frustrated with what he sees as a lack of movement from Joshua’s camp and set the 5pm deadline for the Watford-born fighter, which he says was not met.
As a result, the highly anticipated Battle of Britain dust-up is in jeopardy and Whyte, who lost to Joshua in 2015, is poised to take advantage.
Dillian Whyte (left) has thrown his hat into the ring to be Anthony Joshua’s next opponent (right)
“If the Fury fight with Joshua isn’t made, he and I can fight in December if he wants to,” Whyte said. air sports.
“He’s training for it, he’s ready, he’s ready to take on Fury, so if that fight isn’t made, I’ll get up and go head-to-head with Joshua. That would be a great fight.’
Knowing the sport inside and out, Whyte is well aware that there is a lot of attitude on both sides of the Fury and Joshua camps.
Fury is, in Whyte’s opinion, “very stupid” with his consistent social media uploads and the latest Gypsy King video, released Monday, seemed to extinguish hopes of a fight with Joshua.
Fury has said he will fight on December 3rd and is now ready to fight an alternate opponent
Joshua suffered his second consecutive defeat to Oleksandr Usyk in Saudi Arabia last month
“Well guys, it’s official: D-Day has come and gone,” Fury said. ‘It’s past 5 o’clock’ [on] No contract was signed on Monday. It’s officially over for Joshua. He is now out in the cold with the wolfpack. Forget it.
‘Idiot, coward, goddamn bodybuilder. Always knew, always knew you didn’t have the minerals to fight the Gypsy King.
“Whatever you say now, I don’t really care. Good luck with your career and your life. The end of.’
Joshua appeared calm in the face of Fury’s demands on social media, insisting on Sunday that he would sign for the massive domestic clash.
“I’ve been signing contracts for years,” Joshua said. “It’s not in my hands, it’s with a legal team. That’s why you hire lawyers. Knowing the history of boxing will help you get your legal terms right. That’s why you have good management and good lawyers.
“So of course I’m going to sign the contract. It’s just with a few lawyers at the moment.’
Joshua (left) and Whyte (right) first shared the ring in 2015 when Joshua won by TKO decision
Asked if he really believes there is life in negotiations to get Fury vs Joshua back on the table, Whyte added: “I think it could happen but Fury puts a lot of pressure on social media use which is actually a bit stupid.
“These big fights take time, because there is a lot involved. The team puts a lot into it, there’s a lot of commercial stuff and protecting your interests and protecting your rights and of course these guys are on two different TV stations, so there’s a lot to it.’
It would be in Whyte’s best interest if Fury and Joshua continued to bang heads as he focuses on his own mega fight in the heavyweight division.
The ‘Body Snatcher’ first shared the ring with British rival Joshua in December 2015 when Joshua was awarded victory by technical knockout (TKO).
Whyte also has experience against Fury who faced the Gypsy King and WBC heavyweight champion in April. He lost by TKO in round six.