Halsey has somewhat confused the internet with her new Rolling Stone cover, in which she proudly poses with her arms behind her head – revealing many noticeable armpit stubble.
The singer did not hide Photoshop from her body hair for the cover of the magazine's Hot Issue this month, and it led some critics to call her and leave her non-flattering comments.
But many have also come to her defense and applauded the film, including fellow stars Demi Lovato and Zara Larrson.
On the front: Halsey covers Rolling Stone & # 39; s Hot Issue this month – and has visible armpit hair in the image of the cover
Halsey shared the cover on Instagram on Monday.
In the image she wears minimal makeup and a straight white tank top, with her elbows out and her hands behind her neck.
The pose exposes her armpits to the camera and offers a surprising image of dark armpit stubble – something you rarely see in magazines, let alone a huge pop star on the Rolling Stone cover.
The controversial movement soon had critics who weighed heavily, with a writing: & # 39; The hairy armpits are a bit much. & # 39;
& # 39; They are called razors, give it a try, & # 39; a man agreed.
Several have urged her to shave or to express their confusion that the Photoshop Photo Editors did not pick her hair.
A fan: Demi Lovato responded to Halsey's Instagram post and said there is & # 39; so much hassle about this photo & # 39;
You go! Zara Larsson also defended her against haters who did not like the armpit hair
Sweet: Halsey thanked Zara on Twitter and called her a & # 39; beautiful angel babe & # 39;
Collaboration: Demi (left) and Zara (right) clearly have Halsey & # 39; s back
& # 39; JESUS H. CHRIST !!!! Shave those damn armpits !! WTF?!?! & # 39; one wrote.
But many also came to her defense, including Demi Lovato, who praised her in the comments.
& # 39; There is so much yes about this photo where to start, & # 39; she wrote.
In the meantime, Zara Larrson praised her on Twitter: & I like that they didn't edit the armpits like most magazines would. Women are not small babies who do not have body hair. Beautiful coverage. & # 39;
Model Hari Nef, make-up artist Denika Bedrossian, musician Andrew Watt, actresses Jessie Paege and Julia Kelly, and Steve Aoki also left supportive Instagram comments.
Yes! Although there were critics, there were also plenty of people who defended Halsey
Work! Model Hari Nef, makeup artist Denika Bedrossian, musician Andrew Watt, actresses Jessie Paege and Julia Kelly, and Steve Aoki also left supportive Instagram comments
Fans also defended her, with one letter: & I love the armpit hair so much. Disappointed by the people in the comments telling her to shave or "let her know" it is there. & # 39;
& # 39; Have you ever seen a woman? Our armpits are not all smooth and it is normal! & # 39; wrote another.
& # 39; The funniest thing is that 90% of these reactions were written by men who have absolutely nothing to say about what a woman should do with her body, the other 10% who are women actually makes me very sad, women have to all of them support others and know that they can have her and that they should not be ashamed of it. & # 39;
& # 39; I wish my blunt armpits looked so hot & # 39 ;, wrote another.
Rude: in 2018 a fan shared a Halsey photo in a bra showing dark hair under one of her armpits, stamped it with the words & # 39; LOL & # 39; and wrote on Twitter: & # 39; What the hell is this? !!! & # 39;
Halsey did not hesitate to fold back: & # 39; It is an armpit where you have only one sticker. Not sure what else can be explained here? & # 39;
This is not the first time Halsey has shown her armpit hair on camera – and got some flack for it.
In 2018, a fan shared a Halsey photo in a bra showing dark hair under one of her armpits, stamped it with the words & # 39; LOL & # 39; and wrote on Twitter: & # 39; What the hell is this? !!! & # 39;
Halsey did not hesitate to fold back.
& # 39; It is an armpit where you have only one sticker. Not sure what else can be explained here? & # 39; she answered
. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) femail