Meghan Markle has told friends that there is nothing stopping her and Prince Harry “legally” from using their Sussex Royal name, even though the Queen forbids them from using it, DailyMail.com has learned.
The 38-year-old complained to her inner circle that using the name “doesn’t have to be a problem in the first place and it’s not like they want to sell T-shirts and pencils,” the insider said.
They added, “Meghan said she’s done with the drama and has no room in her life for no-sayers, and the same goes for Harry.”
On Tuesday, DailyMail revealed that the queen and senior officials agreed that the two could no longer keep the word “royal” in their “branding,” despite the likely thousands of dollars that Meghan and Harry have already sunk into their website and trademark applications.
The news was not right with Meghan, as her friend explained: “Meghan said the global projects they are working on speak for themselves and they chose that name to protect the royal name, not to benefit.”
Meghan Markle has told friends that there is nothing that “legally blocks” her and Prince Harry from using their Sussex Royal name, even though the queen forbids them from using it, DailyMail.com has learned
On Tuesday, DailyMail revealed that the queen and senior officials agreed that the two could no longer keep the word “royal” in their “branding,” despite the likely thousands of dollars that Meghan and Harry had already sunk into their website and trademark applications
The Instagram page of the Sussexes, @sussexroyal, has collected more than 11 million followers. The couple spent tens of thousands on a new Sussex Royal website in addition to their popular Instagram feed. They have also attempted to register Sussex Royal as a global trademark for a range of items and activities, including clothing, stationery, books, and teaching materials.
The friend continued: “Meghan said the name of their brand paled in comparison to the basis they build and the hugely positive impact it will have on people and the environment.”
But the insider added: ‘Meghan has told her inner circle that their success is inevitable with or without their current brand name.
“She said, regardless of the name, Harry and Archie have royal blood and nobody can take that away. And that they are always regarded as royalty as a family.
“She said they know what their true intentions are and that’s all that matters.
The news wasn’t right with Meghan, as her friend explained: “Meghan said the global projects they are working on speak for themselves and they chose that name to protect the royal name, not to benefit from it.”
“They create a better world for Archie. And it is Archie who keeps them focused on the big picture. “
The insider also revealed that Archie “already has a great personality like his father,” and added: “He is curious about every little thing and has the absolute, most adorable giggling. He is just pure love and joy. “
DailyMail.com did not receive a response from Meghan’s team after reaching a comment.
The news comes as Prince Harry, 35, was noted while making a supermarket run in Vancouver on Saturday.
He was seen with an environmentally friendly bag full of groceries when he went to the $ 14 million home on Vancouver Island, where he and Meghan live with baby Archie.
Harry seemed to be in a good mood while performing the daily task, as sources told DailyMail.com, both he and Meghan have enjoyed being “real homebodies” since leaving the UK, and common tasks such as taking dogs and walking friends.
On Wednesday, it was announced that the couple would no longer have an office at Buckingham Palace from April, following their decision last month to resign as senior royals.
The source added: “Meghan told her close friends that the release of their staff (in England) should not have come as a surprise to anyone. “
The insider revealed that Archie “already has a great personality like his father,” saying: “He is curious about every little thing and has the absolute, most adorable giggling. He is just pure love and joy. ‘Pictured: Harry and Archie are supposed to have been taken by Meghan in an instant during the holidays in Canada
Meghan and Harry have probably spent a small fortune on their Sussex Royal website in addition to their hugely popular Instagram feed.
They have also attempted to register Sussex Royal as a global trademark for a range of items and activities, including clothing, stationery, books, and teaching materials.
In addition, they have taken steps to found a new charity organization: Sussex Royal, The Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. But the queen has now made it clear that they must ‘re-brand’.
A source told DailyMail that, in the midst of what has been described as a “complex” situation, the “fine detail” is still being thrown away.
The Queen’s order would be a big blow to the Sussex people, who would be faced with re-registering everything from their website to their charity under a new label.
Harry and Meghan started using the Sussex Royal branding for the first time last year after separating their household from that of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge – known as Kensington Royal.
The Sussexes’ Instagram page, @sussexroyal, has collected 11.2 million followers – the same number of fans as William and Kate’s account.
The insider added, “Meghan said she’s done with the drama and has no room in her life for no-sayers, and the same goes for Harry.” Pictured: Harry and Meghan are seen together for the first time since they left their royal duties on February 14
It was therefore a natural development for Harry and Meghan to use the name for their new charity foundation, which is being launched this year with the support of Buckingham Palace.
And while they were secretly preparing for a new life in Canada, it was clear that Sussex Royal was at the forefront of Harry and Meghan’s plans.
Dozens of trademark applications have been filed for everything from bandanas to notebooks, although sources have always emphasized that these were preventive measures to protect the trademark against others and were never intended for commercial use.
The couple has also started using a new website.
It went live last month with their announcement of the bomb, with the introduction: “Welcome to the Sussex Royal community, your source for information about the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.”
A source told the Daily Mail: “In many ways, this is inevitable given their decision to resign, but it must certainly be a blow to the couple because they have invested everything in the Sussex Royal brand. The queen would have had little choice, however.
The original plan of ‘The Sussexes’ – half-in, half-working royals – would never work. As the queen has made clear, they are of course still very beloved members of her family.
“But if they don’t perform official duties and are now looking for other commercial opportunities, they simply cannot be allowed to market themselves as royals.”
Yet another source told DailyMail.com that the two “have no regrets” about their decision to resign.