CLAT, the gateway to the dreamed national law university is organized annually by The Consortium of NLUs, it’s headquarter located at NLSIU Bangalore. Aspirant can appear for the test right after completing the Higher Secondary Examination for the admission in under-graduate law courses and after finishing graduation in law for the post-graduation programs. From 2020 the conducting authority changed the earlier pen and paper mode to online computer-based mode. Also, the exam pattern has been updated, the undergraduate level exam will now consist of 150 questions in place of the 200 questions, previously.
CLAT syllabus includes four topics namely English, logical reasoning, legal reasoning, current affairs, and the quantitative ability for an under-graduate level different from the post-graduation level which includes Administrative law, jurisprudence, Law of Contract, Family Law, Property Law, and others.
The exam comprises only MCQs and no descriptive questions, unlike the last year’s pattern where the students need to write 2 essay questions. Candidates appearing for the test should not forget to carry their CLAT admit card to the examination center. The admit card is released by the authority on its official website a few weeks before the exam date. The eligibility criteria to appear in the exam are a minimum of 45% marks in 10+2 standard.
The qualified students are further called for counseling to allocate the seats in the participating colleges. Separate call letters are issued for the qualified candidates in online mode to participate in the counseling.
Preparation tips for the entrance exam
- The first thing which an aspirant should check and analyse before start preparing for any examination is the syllabus. Make sure you prepare an effective preparation strategy and follow it to ace the exam.
- Another thing to be considered here is to analyse the exam pattern carefully, the sections in the exam are vast, prepare a time table and make it a point to follow the same till the date of examination. Mock assessments are the best way to prepare and get an effective idea of the test. There are a lot of sites available which provide CLAT mock test online free. solving mock tests helps candidates gain confidence.
- It is always advisable for any exam to the candidates to start preparing for the exam as early as possible. This helps the individual know his strengths and weaknesses and prepare accordingly.
- The exam duration is 2 hours so the candidates are advised to make a time table in such a way that all the questions are attempted well within the time frame. The test carries negative marking for every wrong answer attempted, be confident whatever you study. Remember there is no shortcut to success, work hard. Read the newspaper every day, this will help a lot to prepare for the current affair section. Reading English newspapers will also help you learn new words, increasing your vocabulary, and brush your grammar rules.
- To prepare logical reasoning to solve Logical sequences, Data interpretation, Direction, Puzzles, Pairing, Family/blood relation, ranking, and order, etc.
Candidates should always follow CLAT books that are easy to understand, fulfills the quality standards, and offers a lot of samples and previous year question papers. Regular practice and revision are the keys. Hope the article helps you understand the pattern and help you prepare for it effectively.