Covid-19 Australia: Martin Blight dies after outbreak at a Melbourne call center

Alarming latest Facebook post from call center worker, 46, who died of Covid following an outbreak at his Melbourne office – as his shattered family begged ALL Aussies to get vaccinated

  • Victoria’s health department has not officially confirmed Martin Blight’s death
  • But his death was announced online by the Australian Services Union
  • About six days ago Mr Blight posted ‘COVID sux guys take care of yourselves plz’










A man who worked in a call center in northeastern Melbourne and became infected with COVID-19 following a workplace outbreak has died in hospital, his union says.

Victoria’s health department has not officially confirmed the death of 46-year-old Martin Blight, which was announced online by the Australian Services Union.

The ASU said he was a “long-term employee of Serco Mill Park, a devoted ASU member, a father, a friend of many” and died in hospital on Monday.

“Marty became unwell with the coronavirus after his workplace was identified as a Tier 1 site and he was subsequently identified as a close contact,” the union said.

About six days ago Mr Blight posted on Facebook ‘COVID sux guys take care of yourselves plz.’

Victoria’s health department has not officially confirmed the death of 46-year-old Martin Blight, which was announced online by the Australian Services Union

It is unknown if he was vaccinated, but according to his Facebook page, he had a Pfizer vaccine booked for September.

The ASU has urged Victorians to get vaccinated as soon as possible.

“The union has spoken directly with Marty’s family and both the ASU and Marty’s family would like to take this opportunity to encourage everyone to get vaccinated as soon as possible so that no one else has to endure the trauma of anyone.” to lose to COVID-19,” it read.

It is believed that Mr Blight’s fatal accident did not include the state’s death toll earlier this week. If confirmed, it would bring the tally of the current outbreak to seven, after two more deaths were announced Tuesday.

Meanwhile, Prime Minister Daniel Andrews has confirmed that Victoria’s roadmap out of lockdown will be released on Sunday.

The roadmap, which outlines the restrictions through November, will be based on the Burnet Institute’s modeling of vaccination and hospitalization rates.

In addition, once 70 percent of eligible Victorians have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine – expected on Friday – Melburnians will be given an extra hour of outdoor activity and the travel radius will be expanded from three to ten kilometers.

The state government also announced it will spend an additional $22 million on mental health services, including pop-up clinics across the state.

Advertisement

.