WhatsNew2Day
Latest News And Breaking Headlines

Couple learn that the wedding will be canceled on FACEBOOK before the venue refuses to return a $ 12,000 deposit

Few are heartbroken after finding out their wedding was canceled on FACEBOOK before calling the venue ‘who refused to return their $ 12,000 deposit’

  • Hannah and Mikey Ohanesian have booked to celebrate their wedding on April 18
  • They heard that their reception at Curzon Hall had been canceled via Facebook
  • The newlyweds have been told their deposit is non-refundable
  • Here’s how you can help people affected by Covid-19

A couple who heard their wedding reception was canceled via a Facebook post allege the venue refuses to return their $ 12,000 deposit.

Hannah and Mikey Ohanesian had their vows booked, followed by a lavish reception at Curzon Hall in Marsfield, Sydney, on April 18.

But the pair were forced to tie the knot after the government moved in March to limit weddings to five guests due to the coronavirus outbreak.

The Ohanesians said they were not directly approached by the venue, but saw a generic social media post detailing the government-imposed cancellations, news.com.au.

Hannah and Mikey Ohanesian, who learned their marriage had been canceled via a Facebook post, claim the venue is refusing to return their $ 12,000 deposit

Hannah and Mikey Ohanesian, who learned their marriage had been canceled via a Facebook post, claim the venue is refusing to return their $ 12,000 deposit

When the newlyweds finally spoke to the Navarra Events, the company that owns the venue, they said their deposit would not be refunded.

“We were treated so badly, first notified through a social media post and (then) consistent unanswered calls and promised callbacks that never happened,” Ohanesian told the publication.

The couple said they had been told they could exchange their $ 12,000 deposit by booking a wedding ceremony by February 2021.

But the proposed date change would not be suitable for the couple as a number of guests are overseas and cannot travel due to COVID-19 bans and April 18 has sentimental value.

“They have $ 12,000 of our hard-earned money that they refuse to give back,” said Ms. Ohanesian.

“We are now married and our priorities have changed and that’s why (we) don’t want the rearranged wedding, that’s all they have to offer.”

The couple is now working with a lawyer and claims that Navarra Events continues to ignore their communication attempts.

Ms. Ohanesian said it was “stressful” because their newlyweds have been forced to put their lives on hold without the $ 12,000.

The couple were forced to tie the knot after the government moved in March to limit weddings to five guests due to the corona virus outbreak

The couple were forced to tie the knot after the government moved in March to limit weddings to five guests due to the corona virus outbreak

The couple were forced to tie the knot after the government moved in March to limit weddings to five guests due to the corona virus outbreak

The 28-year-old said she thought a wedding venue would have handled the ordeal with more compassion.

Her husband, 27, said it was “unfortunate” that the situation ended this way and he wanted to give his partner “the wedding of her dreams.”

Navarre Venues said they will continue to work on the challenges posed by the government’s restrictions on the corona virus.

“At the moment, we are in a difficult position where my team has to inform customers again that they may have to postpone their event unless they want to fill a position for not three hundred (300) guests but only ten (10),” said CEO Sal Navarre said.

“Our position is to continue working with our customers to find the best possible solution every time government restrictions change.

“We are entering in anchored waters and the environment is unpredictable.”

Navarra said his team is on the phone to support customers “through this very emotional process.”

“During this pandemic crisis, the vast majority of events affected by the closure have been rescheduled to everyone’s satisfaction,” he said.

“In a few special cases, special arrangements have been made.”

When the newlyweds finally spoke to the Navarra Events, the company that owns the venue (photo), they were told that their deposit would not be refunded

When the newlyweds finally spoke to the Navarra Events, the company that owns the venue (photo), they were told that their deposit would not be refunded

When the newlyweds finally spoke to the Navarra Events, the company that owns the venue (photo), they were told that their deposit would not be refunded

.

Comments
Loading...