* Pell appointed Archbishop of Melbourne by Pope John Paul II
* Pell sexually abused two 13-year-old choir boys after a solemn mass on Sunday at St. Patrick & # 39; s Cathedral, according to a later jury finding.
* A second indecent act is committed by Pell against one of the choir boys in a corridor in the cathedral, the same jury found.
* Pell served as the Archbishop of Sydney, 2001-2014.
* He created a cardinal in 2003.
* According to the Herald-Sun, Pell is being investigated by the Sano Task Force of the Victoria Police for & # 39; multiple offenses & # 39; committed while he was a priest in Ballarat and Archbishop of Melbourne.
* Pell says the allegations & # 39; unfounded and completely incorrect & # 39; and asks for an investigation into how the police investigation became public.
Victoria Police Chief Commissioner Graham Ashton asks the anti-corruption watchdog to investigate the leak, but denies that it came from the police.
* Pell provides evidence to the Royal Commission on institutional responses to the sexual abuse of children in Ballarat.
* Under Vatican rules, Pell gives Pope Francis his resignation on his 75th birthday, as usual. It is not accepted.
* Investigators from the Victoria police hand over to the Public Prosecutor a short piece of evidence about allegations of sexual abuse by Pell.
* Officers travel to Rome to interview Pell about the abuse claims. He participates voluntarily in the interview.
* The police present their final evidence to the Public Prosecution Service to consider charges.
* Prosecutors give the police the green light to charge Pell.
* Pell is charged with multiple counts of historic child crimes.
* He denies the accusations and swears to erase his name.
* Lawyers for Pell appear in Melbourne Magistrates Court.
* Pell says goodbye to his lead role in Vatican finances to fight the indictment.
* Pell returns to Australia.
* He hires top lawyer Robert Richter QC.
* Supporters set up a fund to help Pell fight the charge.
* Prosecutors drop one of the charges against Pell.
* A one-month hearing begins to determine whether Pell is in court.
* Prosecutors withdraw more costs.
. [TagsToTranslate] Dailymail