Conor McGregor has talked about making his feature film debut opposite heavyweight actor Jake Gyllenhaal, but the MMA star has admitted he has no plans to return to acting anytime soon.
The 34-year-old UFC fighter will appear in Amazon’s remake of the 1989 action film Road House, which stars Gyllenhaal, Daniela Melchior and Billy Magnussen.
Not much is known about his role as of yet, but he will be playing an original character and not himself in the film, according to Deadline.
In an interview in New York City earlier this week, Conor McGregor discussed working with 42-year-old Hollywood star Jake Gyllenhaal, whom he described as being very “helpful” while filming his first feature, Road House.
The 34-year-old UFC fighter will appear in the Amazon Prime remake of the 1989 action film Road House, starring Gyllenhaal, pictured with McGregor during the UFC 285 MMA event in Las Vegas on March 4.
Gyllenhaal was seen filming scenes for the upcoming film Road House with McGregor at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on March 3.
In a video interview obtained by DailyMail.com, McGregor spoke about working with the 42-year-old Oscar-nominated star, whom he described as very “helpful” while filming his first feature film.
‘Big man. Great boy. He is very patient with me, helpful,’ he told reporter Adam Glyn in New York City this week.
Not much is known about his role, but it is reported that he is playing an original character and not himself in the film.
“We shot some great stuff for the movie and can’t wait to see it come to fruition.”
The premise of the film is a ‘reimagined’ version of the original and follows the character of Gyllenhaal (Elwood Dalton), who takes on the job of a bouncer at a bar located in the Florida Keys, only to soon discover that all is not as it is. what it looks like seems.
But when asked if there were any more acting projects for him on the way, McGregor replied: “He struggles. I really want to fight again now.
He added: ‘Everything is moving very, very well. I had a great experience with the Ultimate Fighter reality show. Some great fights on the show, had some great training with the hungry youngsters. And yeah, (the) matchup against (Michael) Chandler, I’m excited to get started.
However, McGregor has been out of action since July 2021 after breaking his leg in a loss to Dustin Poirier.
He is currently training on the ESPN+ reality series The Ultimate Fighter, and is set to have his comeback fight against Michael Chandler later this year.
McGregor revealed that he had agreed to a trilogy fight with Nate Diaz for his return
McGregor is currently training on the reality series The Ultimate Fighter and is set to return to the Octagon to fight his trainee on the show, Michael Chandler (pictured), later this year.
He has also revealed that he wants a welterweight title shot, should he beat Chandler in his long-awaited return to the Octagon.
Speaking to The MMA Hour on Thursday, McGregor revealed that he had agreed to a third fight with Nate Diaz, but Chandler stepped in at the end to set up a fight with the Irishman.
‘Originally it was going to be against Nate. It was Nate, me against Nate,’ she claimed during the interview.
‘So I didn’t care who I was against, to be honest, nor do I care who I compete against, that’s widely known. So I agreed, it was Nate, it was like a day or two before, now it’s Michael Chandler.
“I’m not sure what happened in that regard, but it was me against Chandler, and that’s it. I have no problem, I’m happy with it.
But speaking to Glyn, the Dublin-born featherweight admitted that it is Diaz he considers his most impressive and skilled opponent.
“Diaz was a tough guy and I’m looking forward to completing that trilogy against Nate at some point in the game for sure,” he said.