Home Sports Conor McGregor reveals broken toe as reason for pulling out of UFC 303 bout with Michael Chandler

Conor McGregor reveals broken toe as reason for pulling out of UFC 303 bout with Michael Chandler

0 comment
Conor McGregor reveals broken toe as reason for pulling out of UFC 303 bout with Michael Chandler

UFC star Conor McGregor finally revealed the injury that forced him to withdraw from the main event of UFC 303 last week: a broken toe.

in a long instagram post On Friday, the former featherweight and lightweight champion explained that a reckless practice session led to him breaking the pinky toe on his left foot, keeping him out of the highly anticipated fight: a non-title welterweight bout against the popular lightweight Michael Chandler.

“We had a lapse in concentration and participated in a training session without wearing full protective equipment and I stubbed my elbow and broke my finger,” McGregor wrote on Instagram.

McGregor added that the breakup only “needs a few weeks” to heal before he can return. “The fans deserve it and we are getting closer,” he said. “I’ll take this back.”

McGregor also noted that he has two fights left on his contract and that he plans to see them through.

“But you know what I mean, I’ll be back. See you soon. See you at the top. Chandler or not,” McGregor added in his post.

McGregor’s main fight was supposed to be against Chandler, who has been patiently waiting for the opportunity to fight McGregor in what would likely be the most lucrative fight of his career. Instead, McGregor seems open to the fact that the McGregor-Chandler showdown may never fully materialize.

McGregor also posted more photos of the X injury, apparently in response to retired MMA fighter Chael Sonnen, who posted a video questioning McGregor’s injury on YouTube.

In it mailMcGregor included photos of his bruised finger, as well as an x-ray of the fracture, while inviting Sonnen to “close his hole.”

McGregor addressed his retirement last weekend, again stating that he was injured but without providing additional details about the type or status of the injury. In a post on social media, McGregor simply said that the decision to postpone “was not made lightly,” but in conjunction with his doctors and team. Chandler responded with some genuine good wishessaying there were no hard feelings about postponing it.

The McGregor-Chandler fight was scheduled to be the main event of UFC 303 on June 29. While announcing that McGregor was out of the event, UFC president Dana White announced that the main event will now be the light heavyweight title rematch between champion Alex Pereira. and former champion Jiri Procházka.

You may also like