Collingwood grant Jordan de Goey personal leave and will MISS clash with GWS Giants
BREAKING: Collingwood grants Jordan de Goey personal leave and he will MISS clash with GWS Giants after troubled star was slapped with $25,000 suspended fine for his Bali antics
- Jordan de Goey misses Collingwood’s game against GWS this weekend
- The 26-year-old has been given personal leave after his trip to Bali
- De Goey was beaten earlier this week with a $25k fine by the AFL club
- He was seen pulling down a women’s top during a night in a Bali nightclub
Jordan De Goey has personally said goodbye and will miss Collingwood’s game against GWS as the fallout from his trip to Bali continues.
The 26-year-old has not been to Magpies HQ since returning from his mid-season trip abroad, where a video appeared of the midfielder pulling down a woman’s top at a nightclub.
Collingwood hit De Goey this week with a $25,000 suspended fine and confirmed on Wednesday that he will not be available for roster for Sunday’s game against the Giants.
“The Collingwood Football Club announces that player Jordan De Goey has been given personal leave from the club and will not participate in the Round 15 game against the GWS Giants,” the statement said.
“Jordan was absent from training this week and the club will continue to support him as he returns to the football program.”
De Goey is a free agent at the end of the year and last week’s debacle has cast doubt on his future with the Magpies. It has been reported that Collingwood withdrew their existing offer of two years after the Bali video came up.
More to follow.
Jordan de Goey has been given personal leave to attend Collingwood ‘s game against GWS . to miss
The 26-year-old ended up in hot water after a video surfaced of him during a night out in Bali