Home Sports Christian Horner goes quiet: Geri Halliwell’s husband refuses to answer questions on Red Bull ‘inappropriate behaviour’ probe as he speaks at F1 Bahrain testing, a week after bullishly insisting he won’t be forced out

Christian Horner goes quiet: Geri Halliwell’s husband refuses to answer questions on Red Bull ‘inappropriate behaviour’ probe as he speaks at F1 Bahrain testing, a week after bullishly insisting he won’t be forced out

by Alexander
0 comment
Christian Horner goes quiet: Geri Halliwell's husband refuses to answer questions on Red Bull 'inappropriate behaviour' probe as he speaks at F1 Bahrain testing, a week after bullishly insisting he won't be forced out

Christian Horner declined to comment on the investigation into alleged “inappropriate behavior” against him, but said he hopes there will be a “resolution as soon as possible.”

The investigation began earlier this month following a complaint filed by a Red Bull employee. Horner “strongly denies” the claims and appears to be attempting to go about his business as usual.

During the news conference in Bahrain on Thursday, Horner said he could not speak about the ongoing investigation because it was “part of it” but said the “process was underway.”

Horner, who was reluctant to give more details, ended by saying he hoped a solution could be found as soon as possible.

Speaking to reporters on Thursday, Horner said: “There is a process going on and as I am part of it, I cannot comment on it.” We hope there is a resolution as soon as possible.”

Horner is currently being investigated after being accused by a female colleague.

During the news conference in Bahrain on Thursday, Horner said he could not speak about the ongoing investigation because it was “part of it” but said the “process was underway.”

Horner (right) emphatically denies the claims and his wife Geri Horner (left), formerly Halliwell, supports him as he fights for his reputation.

Horner (right) emphatically denies the claims and his wife Geri Horner (left), formerly Halliwell, supports him as he fights for his reputation.

Horner (right) emphatically denies the claims and his wife Geri Horner (left), formerly Halliwell, supports him as he fights for his reputation.

The allegations against Horner have overshadowed the run-up to the 2024 F1 season and have been one of the biggest stories in the sport, with the 50-year-old being the subject of an investigation himself.

Red Bull team principal Horner is currently under investigation after a female colleague accused him. However, Horner emphatically denies his claims and his wife Geri Horner, formerly Halliwell, supports him as he fights for his reputation.

However, Red Bull’s energy drink parent company is carrying out a KC-led investigation into the allegations and Mail Sport understands a determination may be made before the end of the week.

Pressure is mounting from a number of stakeholders within the sport, including Red Bull’s upcoming engine sponsor Ford, to demand a quicker resolution than previously anticipated.

The allegations against Horner have grabbed headlines ahead of the 2024 F1 season, but Wednesday’s test event got people back to focusing on the action.

The test event saw reigning champion Max Verstappen dominate the track, however his teammate Sergio Perez had a less impressive start to the morning.

Perez endured a difficult first hour of testing after there was a problem with the brakes on his RB20, due to an overheating problem.

The Mexican was forced to return to the garage where mechanics were seen working on the front right side of his car.

“The car seems quite heavy to me, like yesterday morning,” said the Sky Sports F1 commentary team on Thursday morning.

“There were moments yesterday where we thought, ‘Max is really struggling with that!’

“If Max is going to have problems with that, of course Sergio will also have difficulties, especially if it is the rear of the car.”

Pérez finally returned to action and tried to put the setback behind him, but he was still a long way off the pace set by Charles Leclerc, in action for the second day in a row.

His rival in the paddock, Toto Wolff, the Mercedes team principal, was quick to increase the pressure on Horner, insisting that the off-track allegations were a problem for F1 as a whole.

Serio Pérez (pictured left) took to the track for the first time, after not participating on the first day.

Serio Pérez (pictured left) took to the track for the first time, after not participating on the first day.

Serio Pérez (pictured left) took to the track for the first time, after not participating on the first day.

The 50-year-old was also present at the Red Bull launch despite the allegations.

The 50-year-old was also present at the Red Bull launch despite the allegations.

The 50-year-old was also present at the Red Bull launch despite the allegations.

“It is clear: Formula One and the teams stand for inclusion, equality, justice and diversity,” Wolff said. ‘That means not just talking about it, but living it day after day. These are the standards we set for ourselves.

‘We are a global sport and one of the most important sports platforms in the world with role models.

‘That said, there has been a lot of speculation in recent weeks. The important thing and that stage is that a process is completed. It has to be done the right way, with transparency.

‘We want to talk about racing cars and sports instead of these very, very critical topics. It’s more than just a matter of equipment; “It is a phenomenon and a problem for all of Formula One and for every individual who works there.”

You may also like