Chris Cincotta was tidying up freebies and handouts while duping victims of Bourke Street

A city icon that became the face of a broken heart in Melbourne in the days after the Bourke Street massacre has been busy cleaning up freebies and handouts.

Advertisements

Daily Mail Australia revealed on Friday that social media influencer Chris Cincotta had failed to pass on up to $ 8,000 to victims of the Bourke Street Fund, set up by the government after the atrocity in which six innocent people were killed by James Gargasoulas in January 2017.

Enruoblem, the charity of Mr. Cincotta (Melbourne spelled backwards), also does not exist officially without donating thousands of dollars.

Chris Cincotta takes to the streets for a Facebook photo that shows how he helps the homeless in a car loaned to him by Brighton Mazda

Chris Cincotta takes to the streets for a Facebook photo that shows how he helps the homeless in a car loaned to him by Brighton Mazda

Zachary Matthew Bryant (pictured with his mother Nawwar) was abandoned after the stroller in which he and his sister Zara were struck by the stolen car of James Gargasoulas in 2017

Zachary Matthew Bryant (pictured with his mother Nawwar) was abandoned after the stroller in which he and his sister Zara were struck by the stolen car of James Gargasoulas in 2017

Zachary Matthew Bryant (pictured with his mother Nawwar) was abandoned after the stroller in which he and his sister Zara were struck by the stolen car of James Gargasoulas in 2017

Advertisements

While the effects of misplaced money continue, Daily Mail Australia can reveal that Mr. Cincotta has lived the good life of his good brand.

The hat-wearing hipster not only runs the successful Facebook site Humans in Melbourne that promotes Melbourne, but also leads tours.

Through his page and alleged charity, Mr Cincotta has received everything from watches, free travel, clothing and a loan from a Mazda SUV to a prize of $ 10,000 for the charity's good work.

Due to his role as influencer, he scored free phones and expensive photo equipment for his cameras.

Mr Cincotta shouted at Brighton Mazda in August.

& # 39; They are so kind to lend me a car so that I can grab the car full of coats and go into town to do what I do. They never ask for thanks and are simply the best people ever & # 39 ;, he posted.

Cincotta was one of the first to publicly return the victims of the Bourke Street massacre.

Advertisements

The fund, which was closed in June 2017, raised $ 1.5 million by well-meaning Australians.

Under the name Enruoblem, which is spelled backwards in Melbourne, Mr Cincotta has put together a double CD with Melbourne buskers, which became a big hit.

All the money raised from the sale had to go directly to the Bourke Street fund.

In February of that year, Mr. Cincotta went to his Humans Facebook page in Melbourne to indicate that $ 28,163 had been raised.

More than $ 39,000 was raised by hard-working Aussies to help finance Enruoblem, the charity of Chris Cincotta. But the charity has never been registered and it remains unclear what it contributes

More than $ 39,000 was raised by hard-working Aussies to help finance Enruoblem, the charity of Chris Cincotta. But the charity has never been registered and it remains unclear what it contributes

Advertisements

More than $ 39,000 was raised by hard-working Aussies to help finance Enruoblem, the charity of Chris Cincotta. But the charity has never been registered and it remains unclear what it contributes

& # 39; Hate may have torn our hearts, but love helps bring them back together, & # 39; he placed.

But the fund did not make all that money.

The lawyer who assisted the family members of the Bourke Street tragedy told Daily Mail Australia that they would all be furious.

"All victims would, I am sure, want prosecutions to be committed soon for fraud from the victim fund," said Michael Lombard of Adviceline Injury Lawyers:

Advertisements

Hard working Australians also contributed $ 39,708 to Mr. Cincotta to establish the charity, which he claimed would mainly be used for charities and organizations in Melbourne that do good for the city & # 39 ;.

Chris Cincotta (right) raised money to help the victims of the Bourke Street massacre, but not everything was passed on

Chris Cincotta (right) raised money to help the victims of the Bourke Street massacre, but not everything was passed on

Chris Cincotta (right) raised money to help the victims of the Bourke Street massacre, but not everything was passed on

In 2016, the then Weekly Review – formerly owned by Fairfax – handed its charity $ 10,000 as part of the & # 39; Local Heroes & # 39; awards.

At the time, Mr. Cincotta said that the charity & # 39; very quickly & # 39; would donate cash to local charities, but no one has ever seen the money.

Advertisements

He promised to help art, such as photography, street art, and music, and spent 20 percent on & # 39; random acts of kindness & # 39 ;.

On Thursday evening, Mr. Cincotta told his followers of People in Melbourne – all 220,000 – that he had left the remaining funds of the Bourke Street fund in the EnroubleM account.

& # 39; And that's where they've been since, waiting for the right cause and time to donate them, & # 39; he wrote.

Daily Mail Australia has asked Mr. Cincotta for bank statements of the January 2017 charity, but Mr. Cincotta has not responded.

He did provide a copy of a bank statement showing that $ 20,495.15 was transferred from an account named Bourke Street Memorial Benefit on February 8, 2017.

Investigation into the Australian charity and not-for-profit register and Victorian consumer affairs revealed no existence of the charity EnruobleM.

Mr. Cincotta denied that the charity had raised nearly $ 40,000, despite the fact that it was still online at a financing site.

Much of the money was raised by the sale of watches with his charity name.

Although some claim that their watches have never arrived.

Advertisements

& # 39; Have others received their watches, I am still waiting for mine and do not get a response to my messages to Chris & # 39 ;, a man claimed three years ago.

& # 39; I'm still waiting for my watch. : / Any idea what's wrong? & # 39; another state.

Daily Mail Australia contacted Mr Cincotta again on Friday to ask him how many people actually received a watch, but he did not answer.

Earlier Mr Cincotta said that he always had honest intentions and it is not suggested otherwise.

& # 39; It's just there. It has never been touched and we intend to always pay for a charity comparable to the Bourke Street Fund – perhaps something that has to do with people recovering from a terrorist act or something. & # 39;

Advertisements

The only website that appears to exist for non-registered charity is a Facebook page that has not been touched since 2016.

Mr. Cincotta said the charity & # 39; bookbags & # 39; had funded a charity called MET and that she & # 39; a man a car & # 39; who lived roughly.

& # 39; That's just about what we did, & # 39; he said.

Chris Cincotta had closed the shop when James Gargasoulas Swanston entered Bourke Street where he killed six people, including a baby. Cincotta has admitted that he has still donated part of the money to a fund to help victims

Chris Cincotta had closed the shop when James Gargasoulas Swanston entered Bourke Street where he killed six people, including a baby. Cincotta has admitted that he has still donated part of the money to a fund to help victims

Chris Cincotta had closed the shop when James Gargasoulas Swanston entered Bourke Street where he killed six people, including a baby. Cincotta has admitted that he has still donated part of the money to a fund to help victims

James Gargasoulas killed six people with his car on Bourke Street. He was imprisoned for life
Advertisements

James Gargasoulas killed six people with his car on Bourke Street. He was imprisoned for life

James Gargasoulas killed six people with his car on Bourke Street. He was imprisoned for life

It has not gone unnoticed by Daily Mail Readers that, since Cincotta has held the remaining money from the Bourke Street funds, there have been several terrorist attacks in Melbourne, including one on Bourke Street itself.

Advertisements

& # 39; He said he was holding the money in case there was such a thing as another terrorist attack, & # 39; a reader said. & # 39; There was! And he still has not handed over the money. & # 39;

& # 39; Benefit from the death of the innocent. Beautiful and brave, & # 39; wrote another.

Questions were also asked about what happened to the collected money from watch sales via EnruobleM.

A prominent fundraiser who asked to remain anonymous in the close-knit world of charity, told Daily Mail Australia that people were surprised to hear that the money had not been handed over.

& # 39; Charities and funds should take into account that donated money is donated for that specific cause and must be sent as quickly as possible & # 39 ;, said the person.

& # 39; Not stored for a rainy day or used for purposes other than the intention of the donor. & # 39;

Chris Cincotta assesses himself as a photographer. He posts his photos on Instagram and Facebook and now sells books from his work

Chris Cincotta assesses himself as a photographer. He posts his photos on Instagram and Facebook and now sells books from his work

Chris Cincotta assesses himself as a photographer. He posts his photos on Instagram and Facebook and now sells books from his work

Chris Cincotta sold watches under the name Enruoblem. He claims that part of the charity's money goes to & # 39; random acts of kindness & # 39;

Chris Cincotta sold watches under the name Enruoblem. He claims that part of the charity's money goes to & # 39; random acts of kindness & # 39;

Chris Cincotta sold watches under the name Enruoblem. He claims that part of the charity's money goes to & # 39; random acts of kindness & # 39;

When he was contacted Thursday afternoon, Mr. Cincotta told Daily Mail Australia that he had collected the money through EnruobleM and & # 39; every cent of the day & # 39; donated to the Bourke Street Fund.

"The money that was collected via the website, because the CD continued to sell, I naively went:" I will put the money in the fund when it is ready. "And by the time I had to use the money the fund was closed & # 39; he said.

Mr. Cincotta claimed that he intended the money & # 39; in the same lines & # 39; to put in another fund.

& # 39; So the money has since been literally on an EnruobleM account and it has not been used and it has not been touched at all & he said.

Mr. Cincotta claimed that all that is left of the money he was holding & # 39; about $ 4000 & # 39; was after the cost of the CD & # 39; s and the postage.

Thalia Hakin (photo) was only 10 years old when she was killed during the rampage in Bourke Street

Thalia Hakin (photo) was only 10 years old when she was killed during the rampage in Bourke Street

Thalia Hakin (photo) was only 10 years old when she was killed during the rampage in Bourke Street

He hit his Humans Facebook page in Melbourne on Thursday evening after being contacted by Daily Mail Australia.

& # 39; The next day, all the money raised was donated directly to the Bourke Street Fund – an incredible $ 20,497! The money from the CD & # 39; s sold online came to the EnruobleM account, ready to be transferred to the & # 39; fund, he wrote.

& # 39; I decided not to transfer the rest until I knew the total amount collected from online supporters. & # 39;

Mr. Cincotta told his followers that he had lawyers prepare papers to record Enruoblem and register it as a charity so that we can do as much as we can in Melbourne and Victoria & # 39 ;.

He then called on followers to ask how he should spend the remaining funds from the Bourke Street fundraising initiative.

His followers gushed in their praise and urged him not to be too hard for himself & # 39 ;.

Mr Cincotta's face was splashed across the country in newspapers and television reports as a beacon for all the good about Melbourne after the atrocity on Bourke Street in January 2017.

Six people were killed in the attack, including three-month-old baby Zachary Bryant, who was thrown 60 meters from his pram, and ten-year-old girl Thalia Hakin.

In February, James Gargasoulas was imprisoned for life with a non-suspended prison sentence of 46 years for crime, described as one of the & # 39; worst examples of mass murder in Australia & # 39 ;.

& # 39; I promise I did it with the best of intentions you could ever have and nothing has ever been abused – I swear to you man, & # 39; said Mr. Cincotta.

His popularity rose on the back of a small booth that he opened in 2014 in the heart of Melbourne, from where he sold his photos.

While chatting with the locals, he came up with the idea of ​​creating a Facebook page that copies the world-famous Humans of New York page.

The Humans in Melbourne page also has more than 220,000 & # 39; likes & # 39; on Facebook, while his Instagram account melbourneiloveyou has nearly 79,000.

Bourke Street mass murderer, James Gargasoulas, 29, was depicted at the Supreme Court in Melbourne last year

Bourke Street mass murderer, James Gargasoulas, 29, was depicted at the Supreme Court in Melbourne last year

Bourke Street mass murderer, James Gargasoulas, 29, was depicted at the Supreme Court in Melbourne last year

Bhavita Patel, 33, died in the hospital ten days after a car mowed dozens of pedestrians on Bourke Street

Bhavita Patel, 33, died in the hospital ten days after a car mowed dozens of pedestrians on Bourke Street

Bhavita Patel, 33, died in the hospital ten days after a car mowed dozens of pedestrians on Bourke Street

. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) news (t) melbourne

- Advertisement -