Chlorine leak at Apollo Bay pool sends three swimmers to hospital

0

Panic as toxic gas leaks from a popular swimming pool sends three swimmers to hospital and 21 in need of medical attention

  • Three people were rushed to hospital after a chlorine leak at a public swimming pool
  • Hazmat teams entered the Apollo Bay Aquatic and Leisure Center in Victorian
  • 21 others had been affected by the poisonous gas treated on site

Three people have been rushed to hospital and a further 21 treated on-site following a chlorine leak at a popular public swimming pool.

Paramedics rushed to the Apollo Bay Aquatic and Leisure Center in the Victorian holiday town at around 10:50 a.m. on Saturday when the leak was reported.

Two of the victims were taken by airlift to The Alfred Hospital in Melbourne and another by ambulance to Geelong Hospital.

Paramedics rushed to Apollo Bay Aquatic and Leisure Center in the Victorian holiday town at around 10:50 a.m. on Saturday when the chlorine leak was reported

Paramedics rushed to Apollo Bay Aquatic and Leisure Center in the Victorian holiday town at around 10:50 a.m. on Saturday when the chlorine leak was reported

Victoria’s Country Fire Authority said 21 people, including two young children, had to be treated on site after being exposed to the toxic gas.

Hazmats teams were called to the pool to address the “ chemical hazard, ” but the CFA said there was no threat to the wider community.

“It looks like there were several people in the building at the time who will be assessed,” ambulance Victoria said.

Locals are urged to stay informed and monitor conditions.

The CFA has instructed drivers in the area to watch out for emergency vehicles and stop if sirens come by.

The Apollo Bay Aquatic Center has been contacted by Daily Mail Australia for comment.

Advertisement