Child Victim Of Ex-MasterChef Contestant Will Never Forgive Him For Changing Her Life Forever

0

Child victim of ex-MasterChef contestant who assaulted her while filming when she was just 16, breaks her silence and says she’ll never forgive him for changing her life forever

  • Ben Ungermann indicted for assault, but charges dropped in plea deal
  • He accepted responsibility for sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl in a hotel room in 2020
  • The girl, who cannot be named, ‘will never forgive Ungermann’ for the incident
  • He starred in MasterChef in 2017 and became a celebrity chef

The child victim of a MasterChef contestant who attacked her last year has openly shared how she is still affected by the horror encounter.

The young woman, who cannot be identified by name for legal reasons, said that ever since Ben Ungermann touched her chest and pulled her onto his hotel bed, she had trouble sleeping and was unable to enjoy life.

She was 16 when the incident happened on February 23, 2020. Ungermann was 35.

Ben Ungermann (left) at the Melbourne Magistrates' Court with friend and former MasterChef contestant Ben Bullock, who previously represented Ungermann in court.  Sexual assault charges were dropped, but Ungermann accepted responsibility for assaulting 16-year-old girl

Ben Ungermann (left) at the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court with friend and former MasterChef contestant Ben Bullock, who previously represented Ungermann in court. Sexual assault charges were dropped, but Ungermann accepted responsibility for assaulting 16-year-old girl

Sexual assault charges against Ungermann, now 37, were dropped as part of a plea deal in which he took responsibility for assaulting her.

The girl said it still bothers her every day and “will never forgive him.”

“Doing what he did my mental health has deteriorated so much and I’m still not well,” she said. news wire.

She said Ungermann’s actions “not only hurt me,” but also put pressure on her family and affected her senior year at school.

“I had to read over and over in the news that he denied these actions, but never showed any concern for me.”

Ungermann came second in series nine of MasterChef in 2017 and started an international career as a celebrity chef.

But he was dropped from the lineup of a special MasterChef: Back to Win series in 2020 without explanation.

He was involved in filming for the series when the attack took place and was staying at the hotel with other contestants.

Melbourne Magistrates Court learned that Ungermann was staying with his then-fiance Leigh-Anne Williams in the Quay West apartments in the Docklands on the night of the attack when he argued with her.

Ben Ungermann appeared in court in Melbourne via a video link in Queensland, from which he walked free.  He appeared in series nine of MasterChef and has become a celebrity chef

Ben Ungermann appeared in court in Melbourne via a video link in Queensland, from which he walked free.  He appeared in series nine of MasterChef and has become a celebrity chef

Ben Ungermann appeared in court in Melbourne via a video link in Queensland, from which he walked free. He appeared in series nine of MasterChef and has become a celebrity chef

Court heard Ungermann stated he would be 'insulted' and then got drunk vervolgens

Court heard Ungermann stated he would be 'insulted' and then got drunk vervolgens

Court heard Ungermann stated he would be ‘insulted’ and then got drunk vervolgens

So heated was the argument that the couple broke up on the spot and she immediately returned to South Africa.

The court heard that Ungermann stated that he would be tricked and then went on to get drunk.

Ungermann accepted responsibility for assaulting the young woman and on May 21 at Melbourne Magistrates Court he was ordered to complete a diversion program.

Three charges of sexual assault — which Ungermann denied — were dropped as part of a plea deal.

Under the diversion plan, he was placed on a business of good conduct and must make a $1000 donation to White Ribbon Australia.

Ungermann also had to offer a letter of apology to his young victim and see a doctor to treat a mental illness.

Under Victorian law, diversion plans are often passed on to first-time offenders and are designed not to affect a person’s life in the future.

Advertisement

.