Chelsea’s ‘move to Atletico Madrid Saul Niguez is OUT and the midfielder will remain in Spain with no last-minute offers coming by next week’s transfer deadline’
- Saul Niguez’s transfer from Atlético Madrid to Chelsea has officially collapsed
- Chelsea would discuss a late loan from the Spanish midfielder
- Thomas Tuchel’s Chelsea side even thought of making an offer on Tuesday
- However, the 26-year-old’s option to join Chelsea has now reportedly ‘disappeared’
- As a result, he will remain in Spain for the 2021-2022 campaign under Simeone
Saul Niguez’s transfer from Atlético Madrid to Chelsea has collapsed just days before the end of the summer transfer window.
Chelsea were said to be discussing a late loan deal from the 26-year-old midfielder and had considered making an offer on Tuesday.
However, MUndo sports have confirmed that Saul’s option to join Chelsea has ‘disappeared’ and that the Spain international will remain with Atletico this summer.
The (above) transfer of Saul Niguez from Atletico Madrid to Chelsea has officially collapsed
Saul was eager to push through a deal with Chelsea as he is desperate for a place in the Spanish national team and he felt regular playing in the Premier League could have been the answer.
The 19-cap international was left out of Spain’s squad for Euro 2020, despite helping Atletico Madrid to win the competition last season.
Thomas Tuchel’s (above) Chelsea side thought about making an offer on Tuesday, but the 26-year-old’s option to join Chelsea has now reportedly ‘disappeared’
Saul was eager to push through a deal with Chelsea as he is desperate for a place in the Spanish side and he felt regular playing in the Premier League could have been the answer
The reason for his absence is said to have to do with his commitment by Diego Simeone at Atletico.
The Atlético manager used Saul in various positions throughout the season, which proved effective for his side.
However, other players who had played regularly in midfield were selected for the Spanish squad before him.
That’s why Saul is eager to prove his worth in midfield and hoped to be able to do the same in the Premier League.
The reason for his omission is said to have to do with his commitment by Diego Simeone to Atletico, as he played him in several positions last season.
Saul will look at his record 229 LaLiga games during the 2021-2022 campaign
It is believed that the LaLiga champions were willing to let Saul leave for another club this summer.
Chelsea, Manchester United and Liverpool were among those interested in the 26-year-old – who has five years left on his Atletico contract.
Had a loan been secured, it would have been Saul’s second stint away from the LaLiga giants – who had previously played in Rayo Vallecano.
Nevertheless, Saul will build on his 229 LaLiga appearances under Simeone during the 2021-2022 season.