Chelsea in battle after keyman N’Golo Kante staggered injured by Man United for only 10 minutes
- N’Golo Kante left early during the Chelsea collision with Manchester United
- The midfielder sustained an injury and had to be replaced by Mason Mount
- Chelsea lost 2-0 with Anthony Martial and Harry Maguire scoring for visitors
- Kante now faces a race to be fit for the Champions League clash with Bayern Munich
- The Frenchman was plagued by numerous injury problems this season
Chelsea midfielder N’Golo Kante limped out of the crucial Premier League clash with Manchester United after an injury.
The Frenchman seemed to injure his leg and the club will now sweat on his availability for their Champions-League final-16 clash with Bayern Munich next week.
In his absence, the hosts fell to a 2-0 defeat with Anthony Martial and Harry Maguire purchasing goals in both halves to seal an important victory for the visitors.
N’Golo Kante limped out of the Chelsea match with Manchester United due to an early injury
The side of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is now only three points away from Chelsea in fourth place.
The game was only 10 minutes old when Kante left with the last series of injuries during a frustrating campaign for the 28-year-old.
Kante has so far managed only 17 games in all competitions for his club so far and is missing nine Premier League matches via different numbers.
He has become a major player for Chelsea since his £ 30 million move from Leicester in 2016, winning a league title, FA Cup and Europa League crown with the club, and was also named 2017 PFA Players’ player of the year.
The game was aimless when the influential midfielder was eliminated.
The midfielder has endured a frustrating campaign and can miss the Bayern Munich match