Chelsea ‘alert leading agents that they expect to do transfer business in January’ despite two-window ban
- Chelsea have told leading agents they expect to do transfer business in January
- The Blues were banned from signing players for two transfer windows
- Chelsea have appealed to the Court of Arbitration to have the ban reduced
Chelsea have reportedly informed leading agents that they expect to participate in transfer business in January.
Frank Lampard’s side were banned from signing players in the summer and are also set to be unable to sign players in January as a consequence of the club breaking rules regarding the signing under-18 players.
However, as reported by The Mirror, Chelsea are confident that they will be able to sign players in January, with the Blues having appealed to the Court of Arbitration to have the ban reduced to the one window which they have already served.
Chelsea have reportedly told leading agents that they expect to do business in January
Despite the transfer ban, there were two arrivals at Chelsea in the summer, with Christian Pulisic joining from Borussia Dortmund having previously been loaned back to the German club, while Mateo Kovacic made his loan move from Real Madrid permanent.
It has been a difficult start for Lampard as Chelsea boss, with the club having won just one of their first four Premier League games.
Chelsea return to action after the international break with an away game against Wolves on September 14.
Frank Lampard couldn’t sign any players in the summer and, as things stand, also won’t be able to make any acquisitions in January