The ultimate solution! Channel Seven abandons MasterChef judges Matt Preston and Gary Mehigan for a new cooking show – but not George Calombaris
Channel Seven bosses are said to be abusing MasterChef judges Matt Preston and Gary Mehigan for a new cooking show, but their former co-star George Calombaris has been rejected.
The Sydney Morning Herald reported Monday that the newly appointed Seven West Media chief executive, James Warburton, is only interested in signing two of the three Channel Ten stars for a new series to be launched next year.
Nameless sources said that Matt, 57, and Gary, 52, are both being considered for the upcoming show with the hope to breathe new life into the Seven network, but claimed there is no interest in it. the fighting chef George, 40.
Did you not cut? Channel Seven bosses are said to be abusing MasterChef judges Matt Preston (center) and Gary Mehigan (left) for a new cooking show, but their former co-star George Calombaris (right) has been rejected
A representative for Gary told the SMH: & # 39; (There is) much interest and discussion, both within Australia and internationally, but no deals have been closed. & # 39;
Meanwhile, a Matt representative said he is not currently in discussion: & # 39; International opportunities are our priority and there are currently a number of major international opportunities on the table & # 39 ;.
Daily Mail Australia has contacted all parties and Channel Seven for comments.
Stressful year: George had a stressful year after he was recently fined $ 200,000 for insufficient staff at his restaurants in Melbourne, $ 7.8 million. Shown in July
The show, which is not My Kitchen Rules, will probably be unveiled next month at Seven & # 39; s frontfronts event.
George has had a stressful year after he was recently fined for not enough staff in his restaurants in Melbourne, $ 7.8 million.
In July, the controversial chef was hit with a $ 200,000 fine for underpaying 515 employees between 2011 and 2017, with nearly $ 8 million.
It comes after all three MasrterChef judges have abruptly left the show in July following a wage dispute.
& # 39; They were shocked and destroyed & # 39 ;: it comes after all three MasrterChef judges abruptly left the show in July after a wage dispute
At the time, an insider claimed that the trio & # 39; shocked & # 39; was when Ten refused to give them a 40 percent increase on their $ 1 million salaries.
The source told it women's Day that Matt, Gary and George did not expect their negotiations to fail and were unwilling to leave the show after 11 years.
& # 39; The judges did not expect them (Channel 10) to call their bluff and were shocked and devastated that it had gone wrong & # 39 ;, the insider said.
& # 39; They didn't have a backup plan and didn't even want to leave. & # 39;
Matt and Gary reportedly said they were an & # 39; all-in package & # 39; were after they found out that the network was concerned about George's underpayment scandal.
& # 39; They made that ultimatum and it was decided to clear the decks in a few hours & # 39 ;, the source added.
Channel 10 previously confirmed that the jury members would not return to the show after they could not reach agreement on salary negotiations.
Paul Anderson, CEO of the network, said in a statement: & # 39; Despite months of negotiations, Ten was unable to reach a commercial agreement that was satisfactory to Matt, Gary and George. & # 39;
& # 39; We want to thank Gary, George and Matt for their contribution over the past 11 years, & # 39; he added.
The network chief confirmed in his statement that there will be a 12th season of the cooking show with new jury members in 2020.
Channel 10 CEO Paul Anderson previously explained their departure and said: “Despite months of negotiations, Ten was unable to reach a commercial agreement that was satisfactory to Matt, Gary, and George & # 39;
. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) tvshowbiz