Casula house fire: Mother saves family from burning property as it catches fire in South West Sydney
- A fire completely demolishes the interior of a Casula house
- Mother Sandy Al-Qhameesi took her family out of the house
A mother saved her family from a devastating house fire by waking them up moments after the fire started inside her children’s bedroom.
Sandy Al-Qhameesi was the first to notice that a fire had broken out at her home in Casula, south-west Sydney, just before 4am on Saturday.
The mother-of-four immediately alerted the six family members inside the property and forced them outside as the flames took over.
Security footage shows two children and their grandmother escaping from the burning wreckage followed by Ms. Al-Qhameesi’s two other children and her husband.
Firefighters were called to the scene to extinguish the out-of-control inferno.
Sandy Al-Qhameesi (pictured) alerted her family when a fire broke out inside her home in Casula.
It only took a few minutes for the interior of the house to be completely demolished.
The fire is believed to have been started by a faulty heater in the children’s bedroom.
Three of Ms. Al-Qhameesi’s children were sleeping in three separate beds right next to the heater at the time.
Ms. Al-Qhameesi explained that the fire spread quickly through the room after igniting each of the beds.
Even though she tragically had to watch her house burn down, she said she was grateful her family was safe.
“If we cry (or) if we smile… (the house) is gone, it has happened, we have to be positive, we have to move on,” he said. 9News.
The fire is believed to have been started by a faulty heater (pictured) in the children’s bedroom.
The family tried to salvage what they could from inside the burned-out house hours after firefighters put out the blaze.
They only managed to save their passports, medical records, and a few other items.
No one was injured by the fire.