Revealed: The four places in your house you should be cleaning with vinegar – and the easy way to tackle a dirty showerhead
- A mom shared her favorite ways to use vinegar for cleaning
- In a TikTok video, Carolina cleaned several areas around her house
- She used the vinegar to clean windows, the shower and the washing machine
- Vinegar is a natural antibacterial agent used to kill unwanted germs
A mom of two has given her ultimate guide to cleaning your house with vinegar.
Carolina McCauley, of Perth, has gained over 1.3 million followers on TikTok for sharing helpful cleaning and organization videos.
in a new one video she revealed four ways she uses vinegar to clean various areas around her home, including the bathroom and laundry.
Vinegar is known as a common natural antibacterial agent used to kill unwanted germs from surfaces around the home and is a suitable alternative to using harsh chemicals.
Scroll down for video
In the short clip, Carolina used the natural product to clean several areas around her home – including the bathroom and laundry
Many often forget to clean the washing machine, which can be easily done by adding a cup of vinegar to all three detergent compartments and choosing a quick rinse cycle
First Carolina combined dish soap with vinegar in a spray bottle and then applied it to the tiles in the shower.
The combination of soap and vinegar worked to clean the shower and get it sparkling clean after a quick scrub.
Of the four tips, the most interesting way to use vinegar is to soak the shower head in a bag of vinegar for a few minutes to remove “hard water.”
Many often forget to clean the washing machine, which can be easily done by adding a cup of vinegar to all three detergent dispensers and choosing a quick rinse cycle.
The vinegar kills any unwanted bacteria and grime lurking in the barrel, leaving behind a sparkling shine.
Carolina also filled half a spray bottle with water and the other half with vinegar for the perfect window spray.
The homemade concoction can be used to leave windows streak-free and clean.
The video has since been viewed more than 31,000 times, many thanks to Carolina for sharing the tips.
How to use vinegar to clean your home:
1. Combine equal parts water and vinegar in a spray bottle to clean windows
2. Combine a few squirts of dish soap in a spray bottle of vinegar to clean shower tiles
3. Add vinegar to the washing machine detergent dispensers to keep the barrel sparkling clean
4. Place the shower head in a bag of vinegar and tie it with an elastic band to remove any ‘hard water’ stains
Source: Carolina McCauley