Home Life Style California Woman Dies of Lead Poisoning After Using Imported Hemorrhoid Ointment

California Woman Dies of Lead Poisoning After Using Imported Hemorrhoid Ointment

0 comment
California Woman Dies of Lead Poisoning After Using Imported Hemorrhoid Ointment

In California, health officials issued a stern warning following the death of a woman who suffered severe lead poisoning after using hemorrhoid ointment imported from Vietnam. The California Department of Public Health, in collaboration with the Orange County Health Care Agencyhas highlighted the dangers of using this product, identified as Cao Bôi Tr Cây Thầu Dầu, which translates as castor oil hemorrhoid extract.

The unfortunate incident involved a Sacramento woman who developed critical health problems from the ointment, which contained a dangerously high lead content of 4%. Health officials emphasized that such a concentration of lead is considered highly dangerous, they said. Khqa.

The identity of the deceased has not been revealed, but it is known that she obtained the ointment through social media platforms. A relative had sent it to her from Vietnam after she bought it in Facebook. Agencies have strongly advised against purchasing or using this ointment. They have urged those who already have it to stop using it immediately and seek medical attention for lead poisoning.

The concern extends beyond direct users of the product to anyone who has had indirect contact with it. The authorities are concerned about the circulation of this ointment in the USA., although it is not clear if it is sold directly within the country. The California Department of Public Health has issued guidelines so that those in possession of the ointment can safely dispose of it.

They recommend sealing the ointment in a plastic bag and contacting local health officials for further instructions. To further complicate the situation is the marketing of the ointment. According to publications shared by Calaveras County Public Health, the product was promoted in Vietnamese-language Facebook groups as a “miracle” treatment for hemorrhoids, which may have contributed to its appeal and distribution among the Vietnamese community.

This incident has sparked a broader conversation about the safety and regulation of imported health products, especially those sold through informal online channels such as social media. The tragic outcome serves as a warning about the risks of unverified and non-standard medical products that can ultimately have serious health consequences. Health agencies continue to closely monitor the situation and coordinate efforts to prevent new incidents of lead poisoning due to this or similar products.

Blood lead testing is the best method to identify lead exposure,” said the California Department of Public Health. “Because other household members could have come into contact with the ointment, all household members should get a blood lead test. Children are especially vulnerable to lead poisoning. “

The California Department of Public Health said symptoms of lead poisoning vary, but additional exposure to any amount of lead is harmful.

Symptoms, which may be mild, moderate or severe, include the following:

  • Fatigue
  • Irritability or mood swings.
  • Difficult to focus
  • Difficulty to sleep
  • Muscle or joint pain
  • Nausea; decreased appetite
  • Stomach cramps
  • Constipation or diarrhea
  • Feeling tired or sleepy
  • Headache
  • Shaking
  • Severe stomach cramps
  • Tingling, tingling, burning, or numbness in the hands.
  • Seizures, coma and death.
  • Resources

Health officials urged anyone with questions to call California Poison Control at 1-800-222-1222.

You may also like