WhatsNew2Day
Latest News And Breaking Headlines

Buddhist monk is electrocuted while playing on a mobile phone

Buddhist monk is electrocuted after being snatched away to his cabin to play on a cell phone connected to a broken charger in Thailand

  • Phra Rueang Yot, 49, was found dead Monday in his hut in a temple in Thailand
  • The police think he died while playing on his phone while he was connected to charge
  • Phra had told temple officials that he was going to do missionary work in a local village before apparently slipping away to spend time in his cabin
  • Was also found with cigarettes and coffee, which are usually prohibited for monks

A Buddhist monk was fatally electrocuted while playing on his cell phone while it was connected to a faulty charger.

Phra Rueang Yot, 49, was found dead Monday in his hut in a temple in northeastern Thailand.

The police think he was dead for up to three days after he claimed he was going to a nearby village to do missionary work, while actually sneaking away to play on his phone while smoking and drinking coffee.

Phra Rueang Yot, 49, was found dead Monday in his hut in a Buddhist temple in northeastern Thailand, where he spent up to three days

Phra Rueang Yot, 49, was found dead Monday in his cabin in a Buddhist temple in northeastern Thailand, where he spent up to three days

The police believe that the monk played on his cell phone while he was connected to charge before he was electrocuted to death (photo, a plug extender in pink and the defective charging cable in black)

The police believe that the monk played on his cell phone while he was connected to charge before he was electrocuted to death (photo, a plug extender in pink and the defective charging cable in black)

The police believe that the monk played on his cell phone while he was connected to charge before he was electrocuted to death (photo, a plug extender in pink and the defective charging cable in black)

Coffee and cigarettes are usually prohibited for monks.

Temple officials went hunting for Phra after his fellow monks returned from doing good deeds in the village and revealed that he had not joined them.

They said they approached the hut and noticed a foul odor before they discovered the corpse inside.

Images shown in Thai media reveal Phra & # 39; s body on his bed, next to an ashtray, a pack of cigarettes and empty coffee bags.

Phra had told executives that he was going on a mission with a group of fellow monks, but instead relaxed himself

Phra had told executives that he was going on a mission with a group of fellow monks, but instead relaxed himself

Phra had told executives that he was going on a mission with a group of fellow monks, but instead relaxed himself

His arms are held in the air as if he is still grasping his phone while the device itself was found by his side.

Police Captian Adisak Boonchaiyo said the death of the monk was caused by an electric shock from the charging cable.

Boonchaiyo said there were no signs of struggle or stolen property from the room.

He added: & # 39; The monk might have fallen asleep while using his cell phone.

& # 39; Then he was electrocuted somehow and stayed there three nights before people found him. & # 39;

The mother of the monk Tha Phusena, 73, said that Ruengyot had been a Buddhist monk for about four years.

She believes his death was an accident and did not ask the police to investigate.

In addition to the faulty charger (photo), the police found Phra with cigarettes and coffee - which are usually forbidden for monks

In addition to the faulty charger (photo), the police found Phra with cigarettes and coffee - which are usually forbidden for monks

In addition to the faulty charger (photo), the police found Phra with cigarettes and coffee – which are usually forbidden for monks

Officials have ruled death as an accident and the Phra family have not asked for an investigation. The police have warned people not to use their devices while charging

Officials have ruled death as an accident and the Phra family have not asked for an investigation. The police have warned people not to use their devices while charging

Officials have ruled death as an accident and the Phra family have not asked for an investigation. The police have warned people not to use their devices while charging

She said: & # 39; It is unbearable that my son has already died. He was healthy and I have no suspicions about his death. & # 39;

Abbot Kittipanyakorn, a colleague of Ruengyot in the temple, said the dead monk was known for spending a lot of time on the cell phone.

Kittipanyakorn said: & Ruengyot often talked about his broken charger and planned to buy a new one in the coming weeks.

& # 39; But he just didn't have a chance to buy one, then this tragic accident happened.

& # 39; This incident will be a lesson for anyone using their cell phone while it is charging or people who have broken equipment. & # 39;

. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) news (t), Thailand

Comments
Loading...