British father is shot dead by armed robbers who opened fire on his vehicle in Ghana
- Syed Taalay Ahmed was ambushed near the town of Tamale . on August 23
- The 31-year-old journalist was on broadcast for Muslim Television Ahmadiyaa
- He was attacked by a gang of robbers along with a Ghanaian colleague
- After opening fire on the couple, the attackers stole money and some belongings
- Two were later shot dead and four others arrested
A British father has been shot dead during an armed robbery in Ghana.
Syed Taalay Ahmed, 31, who was from Hartlepool, where he has a wife and two children, was mugged while driving near the town of Tamale on Aug. 23.
Mr Ahmed, a journalist broadcasting for Muslim Television Ahmadiyaa International, was attacked by a gang of robbers along with a Ghanaian colleague.
After opening fire on the couple, the robbers took money and some of their belongings before having a ‘meeting’ with the police, who shot two of them.
Four others were arrested, the BBC reports.
More to follow…
Syed Taalay Ahmed, 31, was ambushed while driving near the Ghanaian city of Tamale on Aug. 23.
Mr. Ahmed was a journalist broadcasting for the Islamic television Ahmadiyaa International