Boy, two, drowned in river that police believe has claimed the life of missing Nicola Bulley

A two-year-old boy has drowned in the river where police suspect missing mother Nicola Bulley died.

Reece Maybury of Rochdale drowned in May 2000 after disappearing from the River Wyre Caravan Park, Mains Lane, Singleton.

The child’s body was found on a sandbar in the shadow of Shard Bridge half a mile downstream near the base of Shard Bridge.

The little boy drowned just seven miles upriver from where Nicola Bulley went missing.

A major search was launched after the child’s grandfather reported him missing at the caravan site.

Two-year-old Reece Maybury drowned in river where police suspect missing mother Nicola Bulley died

The Little Boy Drowned Just Seven Miles Upriver From Where Nicola Bulley, 45, Pictured Right, Went Missing And Where Police Believe She May Have Died Trying To Retrieve Her Dog'S Tennis Ball

The little boy drowned just seven miles upriver from where Nicola Bulley, 45, pictured right, went missing and where police believe she may have died trying to retrieve her dog’s tennis ball

Police helicopters, civilians and the Coast Guard searched the banks at high tide where the body was found two hours later.

Nicola, 45, mother of two daughters aged nine and six, disappeared last Friday morning during a dog walk.

She was walking along the River Wyre in Lancashire when she disappeared without a trace, just minutes after texting a friend to arrange to meet them.

The mortgage advisor sent the text at 8:57 am, just before logging into a Teams call while walking her dog, locals were told at a village meeting.

Her last sighting was at 9:10 a.m. and 25 minutes later, her phone and dog leash were found on a riverside bench.

After a week of searching the river and surrounding areas, a police helicopter was seen continuing the search for Nicola over the village of St Michael’s on Wyre, where she lives with her partner and two children.

Police yesterday expressed concern over the missing mother-of-two who may have fallen into the icy waters of the River Wyre while trying to retrieve her dog Willow’s tennis ball.

Specialist search teams have not recovered the ball – or anything of note – at this stage.

The Mother Of Two Daughters Aged Nine And Six Disappeared Last Friday Morning During A Dog Walk. She Was Walking Along The River Wyre In Lancashire When She Disappeared Without A Trace, Just Minutes After Texting A Friend To Meet Up.

The mother of two daughters aged nine and six disappeared last Friday morning during a dog walk. She was walking along the River Wyre in Lancashire when she disappeared without a trace, just minutes after texting a friend to meet up.

As the search for Mrs. Bulley enters its ninth day, the mysteries surrounding the disappearance of the mother of two remain.

Police have released a detailed timeline of Ms Bulley’s morning showing she was last seen walking her dog along the river by a witness known to her. The witness saw that her dog was not on a leash and was not wearing a harness.

Ten minutes later, at 9:20 am, the police know that her phone was on the couch and would be found later.

At 9:33 a.m., Nicola’s dog was found in an agitated state, near the couch where her phone, the dog’s leash and harness were.

An important part of the investigation concerns what happened during those missing ten minutes – this could dramatically advance the police investigation.

Investigators are also trying to substantiate whether Ms. Bulley put her phone on the couch herself because her dog was in danger.

They think it’s possible that she put her phone on the couch for a moment before going to the riverbank, and then fell into the river.

The banks of the river are known to be treacherous and slippery, and Mrs Bulley could have fallen in and been pressed under her heavy clothing.

But no footprints or signs of a fall were found in the area, her family said.

Another crucial line of inquiry is where Ms. Bulley’s belongings may now be.

She was last seen wearing an ankle-length black quilted gilet, a waist-length black Engelbert Strauss coat, slim-fitting jeans and green boots.

She wore a necklace and light blue Fitbit on her wrist as she took her spaniel, Willow, on a brisk walk by the River Wyre – a route she often took after taking her daughters to school nearby.

Police are searching a 10-mile river into the Irish Sea but have so far found no sign of the 45-year-old.

The public is urged to look out for anything that could be hers and to contact police if they find any clothing matching the description.

Police said on Friday their main hypothesis is that Ms Bulley fell into the Wyre while trying to help her dog.

But when Willow was discovered, she was found to be “bone dry,” meaning she couldn’t have entered the water at any point.

She was also described as agitated when she was discovered by another walker.

One theory suggests that instead of helping Willow, Mrs. Bulley could have tried to retrieve her dog’s ball if it rolled into a location that was too difficult for the dog to retrieve.

Photos show her often letting her dog loose to play by the river, and the ball may have slipped along the river bank. No ball was found at the scene or during police searches, but it may have fallen into the river and was lost.

While there are no signs that she fell, such as footprints, police said yesterday they have “no evidence whatsoever that there is anything suspicious about her disappearance or any third party involvement in her disappearance.”

The family does everything they can to divert attention from Nicola’s two young children.

They try to keep their lives as normal as possible while they wait for more information about their mother.

They stick to their routine and let them go to their weekend clubs and have sleepovers.

The Disappearance of Nicola Bulley: A Timeline

– January 27

The 45-year-old dropped off her daughters – aged six and nine – at school in the morning before walking her dog, Willow, at St Michael’s on Wyre, Lancashire.

Lancashire Police have said the mortgage adviser from nearby Inskip walked down a path along the River Wyre just before 9am.

She was seen around 8:50 a.m. by a dog walker who knew her, and their pets interacted briefly before parting ways, according to police.

At 8:53 AM, Ms. Bulley sent an email to her boss, before joining a Microsoft Teams call at 9:01 AM. She was seen by a second witness at 9:10 a.m. – the last known sighting.

At 9:30am, Ms. Bulley’s Teams call ended, but her phone remained connected to the call. About five minutes later, another dog walker found her phone on a bench next to the river, as Willow darted between the two.

At 10:50 am, Mrs Bulley’s family and the school where her children attended were notified of her disappearance.

Lancashire Constabulary launched an investigation into Ms Bulley’s whereabouts on the same day and appealed to witnesses to contact them.

– January 28

Lancashire Constabulary deployed police drones, helicopters and sniffer dogs as part of the massive missing persons operation.

They were assisted by Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service as well as the Bowland Pennine Mountain Rescue team and the North West Underwater Search Team.

– January 29

Local residents held a meeting at the village hall at 10:30am on Sunday to organize a search for Ms Bulley, according to reports from The Mirror, and around 100 people took part in the search.

Police urged volunteers to exercise caution, describing the river and its banks as ‘extremely dangerous’ and saying activities in these areas posed ‘a real risk to the public’.

– January 30

Chief Inspector Sally Riley of Lancashire Constabulary said police were ‘very open to what could have happened’ and they did not consider Ms Bulley’s disappearance suspicious.

– January 31st

Lancashire Constabulary spoke to a potential witness – a man who had been walking a small white fuzzy dog ​​near the River Wyre at the time of Mrs Bulley’s disappearance.

Her family released a statement saying they were “overwhelmed with the support” in their community, and that her daughters were “desperate to get their mama home safely.”

– February 1

Mrs Bulley’s parents, Ernest and Dot Bulley, spoke to The Mirror about the ‘horror’ they faced at never seeing her again.

Her father told the paper, “We just fear we’ll never see her again, if the worst comes to the worst and she’s never found, how are we going to deal with that for the rest of our lives?”

– February 2

Lancashire Constabulary spoke to a second witness they had identified with the help of the public using CCTV – but they told police they had no further information to support their investigation.

Officers from the North West Police Underwater and Marine support unit searched the area close to where Ms Bulley’s mobile phone was found, while police divers searched the River Wyre.

Meanwhile, Mrs. Bulley’s family appealed to the public to help track her down. Speaking to Sky News, her sister Louise Cunningham said: “There’s got to be someone who knows something and all we’re asking is, no matter how big or small, if there’s anything you remember that isn’t right then please. turn to the police.

“Get in touch and get my sister back.” Ms Bulley’s father said his family hoped their interview would ‘kindle a light’ that would lead to her being found.

– February 3

Lancashire Police said they were working on the hypothesis that Ms Bulley may have fallen into the River Wyre.

Superintendent Sally Riley pushed for speculation but said it was ‘possible’ that a ‘problem’ with Ms Bulley’s dog had led her to the water’s edge.

She urged the public to look out for pieces of clothing Mrs Bulley last wore, and gave a comprehensive list.

Mrs Bulley’s friends also shared heartfelt appeals through television interviews, including Emma White, who told the BBC that Mrs Bulley’s daughters were constantly asking where she was.

Show More


The author of what' is dedicated to keeping you up-to-date on the latest news and information.

Related Articles

Back to top button