WhatsNew2Day
Latest News And Breaking Headlines

Boy, nine, left with a gaping hole in his leg after “poisonous spider made his flesh perish”

A boy is left with a gaping hole in his leg after being bitten by a poisonous spider, his mother claims.

Bobby Barnett, nine, was taken to his doctor and A&E, where it was assumed that he was simply bitten by a small insect called a mosquito.

He was sent home with antibiotics, but in the coming days, Bobby’s mother Emma Barnett, 34, panicked as the wound grew.

It quickly turned into a gaping and infected hole and he had to be taken to the hospital near his home in Canvey, Essex.

Mrs. Barnett claims that doctors told her that the poison had been eaten from the spider’s bite into the flesh.

Bobby Barnett, nine, from Canvey, Essex, has been left with a gaping hole in his leg after being bitten by a poisonous spider, his mother claims

Bobby Barnett, nine, from Canvey, Essex, has been left with a gaping hole in his leg after being bitten by a poisonous spider, his mother claims

Bobby was taken to his doctor and doctors at A&E, who both believed he had just had a mosquito bite. They prescribed antihistamines and later antibiotics

Bobby was taken to his doctor and doctors at A&E, who both believed he had just had a mosquito bite. They prescribed antihistamines and later antibiotics

Bobby was taken to his doctor and doctors at A&E, who both believed he had just had a mosquito bite. They prescribed antihistamines and later antibiotics

Mrs. Barnett, a primary school teacher, claims that doctors told her that the poison had been eaten from the bite from the spider to the flesh. Depicted while it is in its worst state

Mrs. Barnett, a primary school teacher, claims that doctors told her that the poison had been eaten from the bite from the spider to the flesh. Depicted while it is in its worst state

Mrs. Barnett, a primary school teacher, claims that doctors told her that the poison had been eaten from the bite from the spider to the flesh. Depicted while it is in its worst state

Bobby is “signed for life,” his mother said. His case comes just a few weeks after experts have warned that dangerous spiders are increasing in the UK.

Mrs. Barnett, a primary school teacher, said: “It was shocking to see the rotting meat. My mother has a strong stomach, but she immediately pinched.

“We took him back to A&E and he was given an infusion and they confirmed that it was a spider bite and that the poison had started to eat his meat.

“I just knew something was wrong. I did not want to tell a doctor how to practice his profession, but I wish I had trusted my belly as his mother. “

Mrs. Barnett said The echo her son reacts very badly to mosquito bites, which resemble mosquito bites and that they itch.

He was bitten on Monday, but by Thursday it was swollen and so Mrs. Barnett applied Savlon, an antiseptic cream.

Towards the end of the day, the after-school club Bobby called on his mother to say he was limping on his leg.

Teachers pulled up his pants and noticed that his bite was crying, so he was taken to an emergency doctor’s appointment.

Bobby, pictured in the hospital during the trial, was bitten on Monday. By Sunday - after two visits to doctors - he was on a drip

Bobby, pictured in the hospital during the trial, was bitten on Monday. By Sunday - after two visits to doctors - he was on a drip

Bobby, pictured in the hospital during the trial, was bitten on Monday. By Sunday – after two visits to doctors – he was on a drip

The doctor said it was an uninfected bite and he was given antihistamines and pain relief and was instructed to return if it did not improve within 24 hours.

But Mrs. Barnett said, “As the bite looked like, I just knew it was infected, so I was quite surprised when the nurse had just prescribed antihistamine and pain relief.

“When Bobby was with his Nan, she called me and told us to take him to the hospital because it looked really contaminated.”

At an emergency appointment at Orsett Hospital, the wound was dressed and Bobby was given antibiotics, to the relief of Mrs. Barnett.

She said: ‘We were told that we had to leave a dressing for 48 hours. After 48 hours we changed the dressing and I was devastated. “

The wound did not improve and was inflamed. By the Sunday the meat began to fall away.

After doctors admitted that Bobby was bitten by a spider, Barnett said they were seen by Broomfield Hospital to decide if he needed plastic surgery.

They said that Bobby did not need plastic surgery, but told Mrs. Barnett to keep a close eye on the wound and look out for signs of sepsis.

Mrs. Barnett said, “He will be signed for life, but he has been so great everywhere,” she said.

Scientists warned a large spider in February that looks like a black widow spreading rapidly around the world, including the UK.

The Noble False Widow, Steatoda nobilis, from Madeira and the Canary Islands, has been present in southern England for more than a hundred years.

But now, after a long period of downtime, it has recently begun to appear in the north of England, plus other new locations around the world.

Last week, Essex was named as the spider bite capital of the UK, with more spider bites in Essex hospitals than the rest of the nation.

Of the 650 species of spiders found in the UK, only about 12 species are able to bite humans.

Of these, according to the Natural History Museum, only two or three are known to give a significant bite.

Some spiders are poisonous and their bites can cause nausea, vomiting, sweating and dizziness.

Bites can also become infected or in rare cases cause a serious allergic reaction, according to the NHS.

WHAT IS THE FALSE WIDOW SPIDER AND WHAT TO DO IF YOU GET BITTEN

False widow spiders are distinguished by their glossy black flesh, spherical bodies, thick legs and skull-like patterns.

Millions of false widows, the most poisonous spider in Britain, have been found in the UK and the population is expected to grow.

The species has a brown spherical belly with cream markings that look like a skull. They have long legs and can grow to be around 15 mm.

Also known as steatoda nobilis, the spider is often mistaken for the black widow, who has deadly poison.

The false widow was first seen in the UK in Torquay, Devon, in 1879, and it is understood that he may have traveled from Madeira or the Canary Islands to these shores in a load of bananas.

The Natural History Museum says that warmer summers mean that the spider is spreading north through the UK, especially in southern England.

False widow spiders are distinguished by their glossy black flesh, spherical bodies, thick legs and skull-like patterns

False widow spiders are distinguished by their glossy black flesh, spherical bodies, thick legs and skull-like patterns

False widow spiders are distinguished by their glossy black flesh, spherical bodies, thick legs and skull-like patterns

IF YOU GET BITTEN …

The first thing to do is wash the area thoroughly with soap and water to prevent infection – and not scratching, as if you were breaking the skin, there is more chance for bacteria to get into it.

Cover bites with a plaster and apply an antihistamines prick cream to soothe inflammation or itching, says Stuart Hine from the Natural History Museum identification and advisory service.

Redness, pain or swelling should disappear after three days.

Be aware of possible signs of infection, such as crying blisters or painful swelling, that get worse after a few days.

In this case, ask your doctor for advice.

.