Bobby Barnett, nine, from Canvey, Essex, has left a gaping hole in his leg after being bitten by a poisonous spider, his mother claims

A boy is left with a gaping hole in his leg after being bitten by a poisonous spider, his mother claims.

Bobby Barnett, nine, was taken to his doctor and A & E, where he believed he was just bitten by a small insect called a mosquito.

He was sent home with antibiotics, but in the coming days, Bobby & # 39; s mother Emma Barnett, 34, panicked as the wound grew.

It quickly turned into a gaping and infected hole and he had to be rushed to the hospital near his home in Canvey, Essex.

Mrs. Barnett claims that doctors told her that the poison had been eaten away from the spider's bite by the meat.

Bobby Barnett, nine, from Canvey, Essex, has left a gaping hole in his leg after being bitten by a poisonous spider, his mother claims

Bobby Barnett, nine, from Canvey, Essex, has left a gaping hole in his leg after being bitten by a poisonous spider, his mother claims

Bobby was taken to his doctor and to doctors in A & E, who both believed he had simply contracted a mosquito bump. They prescribed antihistamines and later antibiotics

Bobby was taken to his doctor and to doctors in A & E, who both believed he had simply contracted a mosquito bump. They prescribed antihistamines and later antibiotics

Bobby was taken to his doctor and to doctors in A & E, who both believed he had simply contracted a mosquito bump. They prescribed antihistamines and later antibiotics

Miss Barnett, a primary school teacher, claims that doctors have told her that the poison from the spider's ax had been eaten away by the flesh. The worst is shown

Miss Barnett, a primary school teacher, claims that doctors have told her that the poison from the spider's ax had been eaten away by the flesh. The worst is shown

Miss Barnett, a primary school teacher, claims that doctors have told her that the poison from the spider's ax had been eaten away by the flesh. The worst is shown

Bobby is & # 39; signed for life & # 39 ;, said his mother. His case comes just a few weeks after experts have warned that dangerous spiders are increasing in the UK.

Mrs. Barnett, a primary school teacher, said: & # 39; It was shocking to see the decaying meat. My mother has a strong stomach, but she gagged immediately.

& # 39; We took him to A&E and he was placed on an infusion and they confirmed that it was a spider bite and that the poison was starting to eat his meat.

& # 39; I just knew something was wrong. I did not want to tell a doctor how to practice their profession, but I wish I would have trusted my belly as his mother. & # 39;

Mrs. Barnett said The echo her son reacts to mosquito bites, which look like mosquito bites, very bad and itchy.

He was bitten on Monday, but by Thursday he was swollen, so Mrs. Barnett applied Savlon, an antiseptic cream.

Towards the end of the day, after-school care center Bobby called his mother to say he was limping on his leg.

Teachers lifted his pants and noticed that his bite was crying, so he was taken to an emergency doctor's appointment.

Bobby, pictured in the hospital during the trial, was bitten on Monday. By Sunday - after two trips to see doctors - he was on an IV drip

Bobby, pictured in the hospital during the trial, was bitten on Monday. By Sunday - after two trips to see doctors - he was on an IV drip

Bobby, pictured in the hospital during the trial, was bitten on Monday. By Sunday – after two trips to see doctors – he was on an IV drip

The doctor said it was an uninfected bite and he got antihistamines and pain relief and said he would come back if it didn't improve within 24 hours.

But Mrs. Barnett said, "As the bite looked, I just knew it was infected, so I was pretty surprised when the nurse had just prescribed antihistamines and pain relief."

& # 39; When Bobby was with his Nan, she called me and told us to take him to the hospital because it looked really contaminated. & # 39;

During an emergency appointment at Orsett Hospital, the wound was dressed up and Bobby received antibiotics, to the relief of Mrs. Barnett.

She said: & # 39; We had to leave a dressing for 48 hours. After 48 hours we lifted the wound and I was devastated. & # 39;

The wound did not improve and was inflamed. By Sunday the meat had started to fall away.

After doctors admitted that Bobby had been bitten by a spider, Barnett said they had been seen by Broomfield Hospital to decide if he needed plastic surgery.

They said that Bobby did not need plastic surgery, but told Mrs. Barnett to closely monitor the wound and look for signs of sepsis.

Mrs. Barnett said: & # 39; He will be signed for life, but he has been so wonderful in all of this, & # 39; she said.

Scientists warned in February of a large spider resembling a black widow spreading rapidly around the world, including the UK.

The Noble False Widow, Steatoda nobilis, from Madeira and the Canary Islands, has been present in southern England for more than a hundred years.

But now, after a long period of stasis, it has recently begun to appear in northern England, plus other new locations around the world.

Last week Essex was named as the spider bite capital of the UK, with more spider bites being treated in Essex hospitals than the rest of the nation.

Of the 650 species of spiders found in the UK, only about 12 species are registered that people can bite.

Of these, according to the Natural History Museum, only two or three are known to give a significant bite.

Some spiders are poisonous and their bites can cause nausea, vomiting, sweating and dizziness.

Bites can also become infected or cause a serious allergic reaction in rare cases, according to the NHS.

WHAT IS THE FALSE WIDUW SPINER AND WHAT TO DO IF YOU'RE GETHER

False widow spiders are characteristic of their glossy, black flesh, spherical bodies, thick legs and skull-like patterns.

Millions of false widows, Britain & # 39; s most poisonous spider, have been found in the UK and the population is believed to grow.

The species has a brown convex belly with cream markings that resemble a skull. They have long legs and can grow to be around 15 mm.

Also known as steatoda nobilis, the spider is often confused with the black widow, who has deadly poison.

The false widow was first seen in the UK in Torquay, Devon, in 1879, and it is clear that it has made its way to these shores from Madeira or the Canary Islands in a load of bananas.

The Natural History Museum says that warmer summers mean that the spider is spreading north through the UK, mainly in southern England.

False widow spiders are characteristic of their glossy, black flesh, spherical bodies, thick legs and skull-like patterns

False widow spiders are characteristic of their glossy, black flesh, spherical bodies, thick legs and skull-like patterns

False widow spiders are characteristic of their glossy, black flesh, spherical bodies, thick legs and skull-like patterns

IF YOU GET HISTORY …

The first thing to do is wash the area thoroughly with soap and water to prevent infection – and not scratching, as if you were breaking the skin, bacteria were more likely to penetrate.

Cover off with a plaster and apply an anti-histaminic spine cream to soothe any inflammation or itching, says Stuart Hine from the Natural History Museum identification and advisory service.

Any redness, pain or swelling should disappear after three days.

Be aware of possible signs of infection, such as howling blisters or painful swellings, that get worse after a few days.

If this happens, ask your doctor for advice.

. [TagsToTranslate] Dailymail