Boy finds a needle in an apple – while the police reveals two new cases of strawberry sabotage

A 10-year-old boy has become the last victim in the fruit contamination crisis after he reportedly found a needle in an apple.

Jonah claimed that he had found the needle after biting a Royal Gala apple that his family had bought at a Woolworths supermarket in Fairfield Heights, south-west Sydney, 7News reported.

After he had bitten into the fruit, Jonah realized something was wrong, so he told his mother, who examined the fruit, and found that there was a needle in it.

Scroll down for video

Jonah (photo), 10, has become the latest victim in the fruit contamination crisis after he reportedly found a needle in an apple

Jonah (photo), 10, has become the latest victim in the fruit contamination crisis after he reportedly found a needle in an apple

After he had bitten into the fruit, the 10-year-old "something did not work," so he told his mother, who examined the fruit and found that there was a needle in it.

After he had bitten into the fruit, the 10-year-old "something did not work," so he told his mother, who examined the fruit and found that there was a needle in it.

After he had bitten into the fruit, the 10-year-old "something did not work," so he told his mother, who examined the fruit and found that there was a needle in it.

The 10-year-old said after he told his mother. She cut the bite mark and discovered that there was a needle in the fruit.

& # 39; It was pretty scary … You never know, you could swallow it, choke it, cut your mouth – you never know, "he said.

The boy's mother, who chose to remain anonymous, said since she found the needle, she will cut all pieces of fruit into pieces before giving it to her children from now on.

& # 39; I'm shocked. I mean, you've heard it on the news, in different states, but you do not think those things happen to you, "she said.

The latest find comes a week after another family in Casula, southwest Sydney, discovered a sharp object that was enclosed in an orange given to a four-year-old.

Maddie Sheridan, four, discovered a gruesome discovery of a needle in a cut-up orange she was about to eat on Monday after asking her mother for some fruit.

According to 7News, that orange was bought at the Woolworths supermarket, not far from the Fairfield Heights store where Jonah's family bought the apple.

A Woolworths spokesperson told Daily Mail Australia that customer safety is their top priority & # 39; is.

Jonah claimed to have found the needle after biting a royal gala leaves his family bought at a Woolworths supermarket in Fairfield Heights (photo)

Jonah claimed to have found the needle after biting a royal gala leaves his family bought at a Woolworths supermarket in Fairfield Heights (photo)

Jonah claimed to have found the needle after biting a royal gala leaves his family bought at a Woolworths supermarket in Fairfield Heights (photo)

We are aware of the customer's report and we are investigating the case, "said the spokesman.

THe first reported contagion in Queensland six weeks ago, forced farmers to dump tons of unwanted fruit if customers avoided the supermarkets.

Since the strawberry scare hit the headlines for the first time, there have been more than 100 reports to the police of contaminated fruit, 7News reported.

Among the reported fruits of recent weeks are contaminated apples, oranges, strawberries and cucumbers.

& # 39; It is very unfair. There are many selfish people in the world, "Jonah said.

The police of South Australia issued a statement Friday in which the public is warned against two reports of sharp objects in strawberries.

& # 39; At this moment there is no information to indicate that the incidents are linked. The incidents were said to have occurred in Salisbury and the Clare region, "the statement said.

Fortunately no one has been injured. The public are advised to be careful and to cut strawberries prior to consumption and to report any contamination to the police. & # 39;

http://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js .