Boris Johnson’s ‘CANCEL Journey to the US to see Donald Trump’ to say he is too busy amidst transatlantic tensions over Huawei and the death of British teenager Harry Dunn who is at risk of delaying a post-Brexit trade agreement
- Premier said he had originally planned to visit in January or February
- But the two men won’t meet for a G7 summit in June
- Nations at odds with issues such as the death of Huawei and Harry Dunn
Boris Johnson has canceled plans for a spring visit to the United States to see Donald Trump amid ongoing transatlantic tensions that threaten to overshadow trade talks, it was reported today.
The prime minister was originally supposed to have visited Washington last month after his election victory, before moving the trip to February.
But now the plans for a visit would have been suspended and the two men would not meet until a G7 summit at Camp David in Maryland in June.
Washington and London are at odds with issues, including Mr Johnson’s decision to allow Chinese technology giant Huawei to play a role in the UK 5G telephone network.
They also collided with Washington’s refusal to extradite Anne Sacoolas, accused the alleged CIA agent of killing British teenager Harry Dunn in a traffic accident in Northamptonshire.
Although the cancellation was not intended as a bastard for the US president, it can be seen in Washington in this way prior to trade negotiations that both parties want to complete as quickly as possible.
The Prime Minister (today on Downing Street) was originally to visit Washington last month after his election victory, before moving the trip to February
But now the plans for a visit have been suspended and the two men will not meet until a G7 summit at Camp David in Maryland in June
Nr. 10 insists that Mr. Johnson canceled the trip to focus on domestic politics and his new team of ministers.
A source refers to the all-seeing evil intelligence in the trilogy of Lord of the Rongs, against the sun: ‘When Sauron’s eye is off the Whitehall machine, things no longer work.
“That is why he has stripped all his travels abroad this year to complete his agenda.”
Last week it was claimed that Mr. Johnson had a telephone conversation with an “apoplectic” Donald Trump after the decision to approve a deal with Huawei.
The prime minister spoke with the US president last week shortly after he announced that the Chinese manufacturer would be allowed to work on the next-generation 5G UK mobile phone network – despite strong opposition from the US.
A source of information about the phone call told the Financial Times that Mr. Trump was “apoplectic” with Mr. Johnson. A second official confirmed that the call between the couple was ‘very difficult’.
Last night, US prosecutors accused Huawei of stealing trade secrets and helping Iran track down protesters in its latest indictment of the Chinese company, escalating Washington’s struggle with the world’s largest telecommunications equipment manufacturer.
In the indictment, Huawei Technologies Co. was accused of conspiring to steal trade secrets from six US technology companies and violate a racketeering law that is commonly used to fight organized crime.
It also contains new allegations about the company’s involvement in countries that are subject to sanctions. Among other allegations, it says that Huawei has installed surveillance equipment in Iran that was used to track, identify and hold demonstrators during anti-government demonstrations in Tehran in 2009.
The United States is campaigning against Huawei, which it has warned could spy on customers for Beijing. Washington put the company on a blacklist of trade last year, citing concerns about national security.
Harry Dunn, 19, was killed when his motorcycle crashed into a car outside an American military base in the UK last August.
Boris Johnson rose again against Washington on Wednesday by claiming that the UK extradition arrangements with the US are “unbalanced” and suggest that they need to be revised.
But the prime minister insisted that his treaty problems had nothing to do with a growing Transatlantic clash over British demands for the extradition of the murdered murderer of Harry Dunn, Anne Sacoolas.
It happened when the family of the murdered Briton accused the Foreign Ministry (FCO) of being ‘covered up’ about the death of the teenage motorcyclist.
The FCO said it had “no plans” to launch a public investigation, despite reports that Sacoolas had worked as a spy for the CIA.
Nineteen-year-old Mr Dunn was killed when his motorcycle crashed against a car on August 27 last year outside an American military base in Northamptonshire.
Mrs. Sacoolas (42), the wife of an American intelligence officer based in RAF Croughton, received diplomatic immunity after the crash and was able to return to her home country, which led to an international controversy.
She was accused of causing Mr Dunn’s death by dangerous driving in December.
But US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo rejected an extradition request from the UK for her last month.