Advertisements
Footage of the accident shows the server trying to pick up the lighter with ladles

Boiling soup explodes in the face of a waitress as she tries to fish lighter for a customer who has fallen into the pot

  • The man accidentally dropped his lighter in the soup during a hot pot meal
  • The server looked for the lighter with ladles when it suddenly exploded
  • Footage shows the sultry liquid that bursts and splashes on her face
  • Waitress and dinner were taken to the hospital in China after being burned
Advertisements

A waitress in a restaurant in China got burns on her face after a large pot of boiling soup exploded as she tried to figure out a lighter a client had dropped.

Yunnan, a client at the Haidilao restaurant in Kunming, accidentally dropped his lighter into the hot pot, a traditional Chinese meal where pieces of meat and other ingredients are cooked in a large pot of soup at the table.

Footage of the terrifying accident shows the server trying to pick up the lighter with tablespoons when the scalding fluid burst and splashed on the waitress and the guests.

Footage of the accident shows the server trying to pick up the lighter with ladles

Advertisements

Footage of the accident shows the server trying to pick up the lighter with ladles

However, the sultry liquid suddenly burst out and splashed at the waitress and diners

However, the sultry liquid suddenly burst out and splashed at the waitress and diners

However, the sultry liquid suddenly burst out and splashed at the waitress and diners

Because the hot pot is roasted at the table by an electric stove, the temperature of the broth, often mixed with chili oil and other spices, can rise to 200 degrees Celsius (392 Fahrenheit).

The waitress and the male customer were immediately taken to the hospital for treatment, according to BTime.

The incident took place on May 15 and Haidilao said Tuesday that they were investigating the matter even further.

The incident took place on May 15 at a Haidilao site in Kunming, Yunnan Province

The incident took place on May 15 at a Haidilao site in Kunming, Yunnan Province

Advertisements

The incident took place on May 15 at a Haidilao site in Kunming, Yunnan Province

Because the hot pot is simmered by an electric stove at the table, the temperature of the broth, often mixed with chili oil and other herbs, can rise to 200 degrees Celsius

Because the hot pot is simmered by an electric stove at the table, the temperature of the broth, often mixed with chili oil and other herbs, can rise to 200 degrees Celsius

Because the hot pot is simmered by an electric stove at the table, the temperature of the broth, often mixed with chili oil and other herbs, can rise to 200 degrees Celsius

A Haidilao spokesperson told BTime that the accident happened when one of the customers at the table dropped the lighter in the broth while passing it on to his friend.

The client got light burns in his hand, she said, adding that the waitress is recovering well.

Advertisements

& # 39; We will implement additional training for our employees & # 39 ;, she added.

The customer suffered minor burns in his hand, said a Haidilao spokesperson, adding that the waitress is recovering well

The customer suffered minor burns in his hand, said a Haidilao spokesperson, adding that the waitress is recovering well

The customer suffered minor burns in his hand, said a Haidilao spokesperson, adding that the waitress is recovering well

Haidilao, a Hong Kong-listed company, is China & # 39; s leading hotpot chain with 300 locations around the world. The popular restaurant is known for its over-the-top services, including massages, manicures, shoe shine service and noodle twirling designs.

A similar incident occurred in Chongqing in February when a customer threw a lighter into a hot pot and caused an explosion.

Advertisements

Fortunately nobody was hurt.

. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) news (t) china