Bode Miller’s wife Morgan has revealed that three of their young children have been hospitalized with carbon monoxide poisoning which she says was caused by a crane parked in their driveway.
The former beach volleyball player – who lives in Big Sky, Montana, with her husband and their five children – took to Instagram to share a video of three of her five children in the ER wearing oxygen masks, while explaining how the ‘terrifying’ medical scare unfolded.
“Two weeks ago we had a crane at our house removing our broken hot tub,” Morgan, 36, began on her Instagram post, which featured a clip of twins Asher and Aksel, aged three, and 19 month. Scarlet girl in hospital beds while being treated by medical staff.
“Asher, Aksel and Scarlet innocently stood on the front porch of our house to watch the action which led to them suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning due to the lack of air circulation in our driveway, landing them in the ER.
“They were on high flow oxygen for over four hours. It was a terrifying experience, but thanking my lucky stars, they are fine.
Bode Miller’s wife, Morgan, revealed that three of their children were hospitalized with carbon monoxide poisoning. She is pictured here in hospital with 19-month-old Scarlet
Their three-year-old twins, Asher and Aksel, were also taken to the emergency room. Pictured right, Bode with one of the twins
His update came after Bode, 45,’s own Instagram post on Thursday revealed the health scare for the first time.
Their three-year-old son, Asher, had already been rushed to the emergency room after suffering a seizure just months ago.
The 45-year-old Olympic gold medalist alpine skier took to Instagram on Thursday to share images of himself and Asher in hospital, but deleted the post shortly after it was posted.
In the since-deleted post, Bode – who shares sons Nash, eight; Easton, four; twin sons Asher and Aksel, three and a half; and daughter Scarlet Olivia, 19 months, with Morgan – revealed the terrifying health scare for the first time.
“Earlier this week we had a crane parked in our driveway for a few hours,” Bode said. “Despite keeping the kids indoors for obvious safety reasons, the little ones got really sick from it.
‘Asher ended up in the hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning. All are fine now, but let’s remind all parents of the dangers of carbon monoxide. Reminder to go test your CO detectors,” Bode concluded.
It’s unclear why Bode deleted the post, although the former skier and his wife had another health issue with Asher in December, when he suffered a seizure.
Morgan revealed on her Instagram Story in December that she got into the back of the ambulance with her son after having a seizure that “half scared us.”
Bode first revealed the children’s health scare on Thursday in a since-deleted post
The 45-year-old Olympic gold medal-winning alpine skier seen above in a December 2022 snap with Asher in hospital
She shared a photo of Body lying in the hospital bed with Asher, while adding a heartfelt caption.
“Life is constantly on a knife edge and it’s not something we don’t know about,” Morgan began in her Instagram post.
“Asher had a fever seizure that scared us to death,” she continued in her post, which had an eerie connection to their late daughter Emmy, who died of an accidental drowning four years earlier.
“We took that same ambulance to the same hospital we took Emmy to, but this time we have to leave with our child.”
She also shared another snap with Bode cuddling with his shirtless twins, while Morgan added that Asher is, ‘home and back to normal.
Reminder: “Asher ended up in the hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning. All are fine now, but let’s remind all parents of the dangers of carbon monoxide. Reminder to go test your CO detectors,’ Bode concluded
Unclear: It’s unclear why Bode deleted the post, although the former skier and his wife had another health issue with Asher in December when he suffered a seizure
Scared: Morgan revealed on her Instagram Story in December that she got into the back of the ambulance with her son after having a seizure that “half scared us”
Emmy: Last month marked the fifth anniversary of the Miller family’s loss of their daughter Emmy, who was just 19 months old when she tragically drowned in a neighbor’s pool
“I’m being reminded to slow down and realize life’s little gifts during this crazy holiday season because we already have everything we need… Our loved ones. Our health. And more time,” he said. she stated.
She added a final snap of Bode and Asher, adding, “Because time with the ones we love is all we could ask for.”
Last month marked the fifth anniversary of the Miller family’s loss of their daughter Emmy, who was only 19 months old when she tragically drowned in a neighbor’s pool.
Bode paid tribute to Emmy last month on Instagram, saying, “It’s been 5 years. On the night of her birth, our midwife @lindseymeehleis noted that Emmy was ‘here to change the world’. 5 years after her loss, I can see it. Emmy was fearless, determined and fierce from birth. We miss you Emmy. 19 months was never going to be long enough to hug you.