The busy gamer has to pursue his favorite hobby on the go from time to time. There are all kinds of suitable handheld consoles for this – like the Steam Deck.
The manufacturer Valve has just released Proton 8.0 for this. The update will make a whole range of games compatible with the Steam Deck that weren’t previously.
what is proton This is the compatibility layer between Windows and Linux, which is necessary to be able to connect the Steam Deck’s Linux-based operating system (SteamOS) with the Windows games.
New games for the Steam Deck
Valve is giving the Steam Deck a major update, and that’s also bringing a decent supply of games to the handheld console. Here are the games available since the Proton 8.0 update:
- The prophesied
- Samurai Maiden
- DeadSpace (2023)
- Nioh 2-The Complete Edition
- One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
- Atelier Meruru
- Atelier Lydie & Suelle: The Alchemists and the Mysterious Paintings
- Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book DX
- Blue Reflection
- Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland
- Disney Dreamlight Valley
- Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIV
- To Gather:Island
- Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate Definitive Edition
- Exceed – Gun Bullet Children
- Gungrave GORE
- Chex Quest HD
There are also some bug fixes on board. Among other things, a bug has been fixed that caused the on-screen keyboard to pop up when playing A Plague Tale: Innocence & Requiem.
There are also fixes for multi-touch support and for the 2K launcher, which used to crash when started on the Steam Deck.
Here are a few more bug fixes:
- Fixed bugs with fonts in Fifa 21 and 22
- Fixed tiny Tina’s Wonderland standby mode
- Fixed issues with various launchers
- 2K Launcher crashed
- FFXIV launcher scrollbar bug
- Fixed degrading Mortal Kombat X performance
- Story mode not working in Dead or Alive 6
Check out the full list of bug fixes in the article from Gamingonlinelinux.com.
Did you get an update with Proton 8 that you’re about to try? What are your favorite games to play on the Steam deck? Did one of your favorite games come along? Which games would you still like to have on the Steam Deck, or which of them should be optimized? Write it to us in the comments!