If you want to make a statement with your new tattoo, cartoon style is the right method for you. You can express a wide range of emotions, underline your personality, and even share your feelings with the proper tattoo. If you are searching for different tattoo ideas and inspiration, you can press here and explore the website dedicated to this type of art. Here you will learn the basics.
Before You Get a Tattoo
You might have already known these rules that you should consider before deciding upon the tattoo you want, but there might still be something new to learn. It is better to keep them in mind. Pay attention to the following factors while choosing a tattoo:
- Reliability of a tattoo artist. Do you trust your artist? Have you ever worked with this person before? If not, it is better to contact a couple of tattoo studios and talk to several professionals so that you can choose the most suitable one. Read comments from the former clients;
- The colors you want to see in your tattoo. You can go either with classic black, gray, or white tattoos or something colorful. Think about the whole concept of your tattoo and consult with the artist;
- There are no two completely similar tattoos. Pay attention to the fact that artists prefer not to copy other professionals. If you ask for a standard image from cartoons, a professional artist will still add some unique details;
- The place of a tattoo. This is a highly important factor that must be considered in advance. If you want your tattoo to be visible, you can get it on your arm, wrist, or ankle. Those who prefer to cover their shoulders with long sleeves have to understand that their shoulder tattoos will stay unnoticed by others. If you are not sure whether you want to hide or reveal your tattoo, do it in a place that can be hidden or covered, like an arm;
- The size of your tattoo. Discuss the size of the tattoo you want with your artist. Some tattoos look bigger on the skin than on the paper due to the details you want to add;
- It is vital to realize that your skin will not be the same forever. It will change together with you. If you gain weight and your body gets bigger, your tattoo will change in size as well. Sometimes, portraits of our beloved ones, movie stars, or cartoon characters can transform into something unrecognizable.
Top Ideas for Cartoon Tattoos
If you want to get a tattoo but don’t know which image to choose, think about the cartoons you loved as a kid. Even if you preferred Tom and Jerry or Superman, you can express your inner feelings by getting them on your skin. Usually, other people can’t hold their smiles seeing their beloved characters as tattoos. It does not have to be something ancient, and you can still ask for Finn and Jake. Here are some creative ideas for cartoon tattoos:
- DC or Marvel heroes. The most popular characters among them are Batman and Superman. You might have seen the “S” letters or shapes of bats on multiple fans of these personages. Such signs are easy to understand and no matter which country you go to, the tattoo will have the same meaning. Usually, these tattoos symbolize people who want to be heroic. Tattoos with superheroes are usually made in black or a combination of black and red;
- Tom and Jerry. These two are legends from your childhood. They are ageless and widely recognized by everyone. They can be a symbol of your inner fight that constantly happens between your good and evil side or mischievous and the one that must behave like an adult. You can ask for a tattoo with both of them running or finally conclude a truce between them. The best idea is to use colorful ink for these guys;
- Baby characters from Disney or Pixar. The main idea behind these tattoos is to underline their cuteness. Owners of baby cartoon characters’ tattoos are simple, funny, and prefer to stay positive no matter what happens around them. You might go with Elsa, Pinocchio, young Lion King, or Alice in Wonderland. The best about these tattoos is that they can be small, and you can put them almost everywhere. However, you have to keep in mind, that these characters require bright colors;
- Fairy tales are represented as cartoons. We all have our favorite fairy tales from childhood we still can retell. Whether they are national or international, one image tells an incredible story behind it. This is the mark of the dreamer who does not want to say “goodbye” to childhood. Think about Snow White, Beauty and the Beast, moon rabbit, or any other folklore hero or animal that you associate with the happy memories from your past;
- Simpsons. Tattoos with the Simpson family or any member of this family are highly popular at any tattoo shop. You can pick the character that represents you, whether it is creative Lisa or lazy Homer. After numerous seasons, it feels like this family is yours. Don’t limit yourself to something standard. Remember your favorite episode. You can ask for the image of Homer during the Whacking Day;
- Dexter’s Lab. This is an iconic image that immediately comes to mind when we talk about science representation in the movies. It is also a great tattoo idea for anyone who works in the lab. He is a genius boy, after all. Dexter’s tattoo must be performed in bright colors.
Your Favorite Cartoon
Think about the cartoon or show you like the most. It does not have to be a highly popular episode. Moreover, if you love popular characters and want to have a unique tattoo, discuss it with your artist who can offer you something creative. Once the tattoo is on your skin, you can cheer yourself up at any time just by looking at it. If you run out of ideas, read the article again and think about all the characters on the list and the way they can inspire you.