WhatsNew2Day
Latest News And Breaking Headlines

Belmore gang rape of 22-year old woman who she met on an online dating app, Adam Kabbout, 24

A Sydney woman, 22, is reportedly gang raped after four more men crashed into dating app hookup – while police charged two with assault

  • Woman, 22, allegedly raped by multiple men in dating app nightmare
  • Police raided four addresses in southwest Sydney after two-month investigation
  • Two men, aged 19 and 24, have been charged with multiple sex crimes
  • Strike Force Herb investigations continue into alleged incident

An innocent online app connection turned into an alleged gang rape of a 22-year-old woman when four strangers pulled in on the date.

The alleged victim is said to have made an appointment with a man she had spoken to via the app when four more men appeared and sexually assaulted her.

Strike Force Herb was launched after the woman told police she had allegedly been sexually assaulted at a Belmore home on Saturday, April 16.

Police conducted simultaneous raids on four addresses in Sydney’s Ashcroft, Fairfield West and Busby in southwestern Sydney at dawn on Friday, following a two-month investigation.

Adam Kabbout, 24 (pictured) was arrested by detectives at an Ashcroft address over the alleged gang rape of a 22-year-old woman at a Belmore home in April

Adam Kabbout, 24 (pictured) was arrested by detectives at an Ashcroft address over the alleged gang rape of a 22-year-old woman at a Belmore home in April

Another 19-year-old man has been charged over the alleged incident with police and said the investigation is ongoing

Another 19-year-old man has been charged over the alleged incident with police and said the investigation is ongoing

Two men have now been charged with multiple sexual assault charges as the detective continues the investigation.

Adam Kabbout, 24, was arrested at a house in Ashcroft and taken to Liverpool Police Station, where he was charged with six charges of aggravated sexual assault in the company of other individuals.

He was refused bail when he appeared in Liverpool court later that day.

A second man, 19, went to the Granville Police Station earlier this morning, where he was arrested and charged with two counts of serious sex offenders in the company of other individuals.

He was given conditional bail to appear before the Burwood Local Court on July 7.

Chief Inspector Jayne Doherty of the Child Abuse and Sexual Crime Unit urged anyone who had a similar experience to come forward.

“If someone else has been in a similar relationship through a dating app or even if you met someone at a pub or a club and had a similar incident, I would encourage them to go to the police and report it,” she said. †

NSW Police say the investigation under Strike Force Herb continues.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More