Secrets of a skin expert: specialist reveals how you can transform your entire face before a date – from eliminating sudden acne to creating glowing eyes and lush lips
- Ultraceuticals skin care specialist Elizabeth Fardon has communicated her wisdom
- She has instructed the best method to keep the skin clean for an approaching date
- People must exfoliate every two days and fake brown two days before the event
- Vitamin E must be applied for smooth lips and mandelic acid for pimples
A beautician has specified exactly which skin care products should be included in your daily routine before an exciting date night – including vitamin E for lips and mandelic acid to treat pimples.
The wise advice that was shared by Ultraceuticals Global Education Director Elizabeth Fardon does not need hours of free time to implement and will make a huge difference to the dewiness of your skin.
If you are told about the special evening two weeks earlier, you can plan ahead by investing in an AHA or vitamin A peel to give yourself a radiant complexion.
These powerful ingredients require at least 14 days of downtime – where your skin may peel off to reveal a new layer – so it’s best to book with your other half after this time.
A beautician has specified exactly which skin care products should be included in your daily routine (photo)
“To touch that polished, soft skin that he loves, use a good scrub with biodegradable microbeads, with special attention to the elbow, heels and knees that usually accumulate the most dead skin cells,” Mrs. Fardon told FEMAIL .
“Ideally, exfoliation should be done every 2-3 days to keep the skin smooth.”
Follow this with rich creams and body oils, depending on what skin type you have.
“Apply sparingly if you are prone to pimples or apply more if you get dry spots,” she said.
“Pay special attention to elbows, feet, knees, and decolletage.”
Finally spend on one quality spray tan two days before the date or use a body bronzer with a light shine for maximum sexiness.
Ultraceuticals Global Education Director Elizabeth Fardon
It is safe to say that having healthy lips is a must-have on date night, so special attention must be paid to these dry sensitive parts of the face.
Avoid greasy lip balms that can clog your skin and cause outbreaks around the lip of the skin.
“You can use a dry toothbrush to gently brush your lips to exfoliate any dry, dead skin,” she said.
“Vitamin E and aloe vera are great moisturizing ingredients for the lip because vitamin E helps to generate new skin cells and stimulates blood circulation, while aloe vera offers calming properties.”
Do’s and don’ts for date night:
1. Excessive exfoliation of the general facial area, as this can cause skin irritation, slight redness etc.
2. Use of new eye products or makeup / eyelash extensions that you have not previously tested on the road.
3. Remember to always apply eye creams first in your home care, especially if you use active vitamin A or vitamin C eye creams.
4. Then apply your matching serum without overlapping the eye cream. It is a common mistake and can lead to irritation or dryness.
5. Don’t pick at spots.
You spend all night with them, so you really want to make sure that this area is healthy, tired and free.
Apply a quality retinol eye cream every night to help promote blood circulation and help minimize dark circles, Fardon advised.
“If you still suffer from discoloration at night, which is often a hereditary cause, you boost hydration and apply a high-quality concealer that fits your skin,” she said.
Apply a high-quality retinol eye cream every night to promote blood circulation and minimize dark circles, Mrs. Fardon recommended (stock image)
Give yourself an eye massage when applying a mask:
Include pressure points and discharge movements when applying an eye mask.
1. Gently squeeze your thumb and forefinger and slide it from the inner eyebrow to the outer edge.
2. Use all fingers flat under the eyes, roll and pump carefully from inside corner to outside corner.
3. With closed eyelids (avoid using contact lenses) gently massage with two fingers on the lid – three circles clockwise and three circles counterclockwise
4. Place a cool, damp cloth as a cool compress over the Ultraceuticals Energizing Mask, lie down and take a few minutes to breathe deeply into the abdomen while releasing stress.
If you are stressed in the run-up to your date and you have had a break-out, it is important not to panic, because it only gets worse.
Reduce stress immediately by relaxing and don’t be tempted to pinch the area.
“The focus is to calm the area and gently unblock congestion by using ingredients such as mandelic acid,” Mrs. Fardon said.
“If you are sensitive to congestion, you should use a serum that contains mandelic acid every day, such as the Ultraceuticals Ultra Smoothing Pore Refining serum to prevent congestion.”
If your skin is generally sensitive to redness, apply a mask with hyaluronic acid, chamomile and other natural soothing ingredients to soothe your skin.