Advertisements
Tiny Hearts Education has shared a side-by-side comparison with an & # 39; unsafe & # 39; baby cino with a & # 39; full-size & # 39; marshmallow and a & # 39; secure & # 39; cup with & # 39; mini & # 39; Marshmallows

A warning for parents: experts warn against giving baby cinos to toddlers with marshmallows – with the popular treat a serious choking hazard for children

  • Parents are warned about the less obvious & # 39; choking hazard & # 39; in baby cinos
  • Tiny Hearts Education shared a side-by-side with a & # 39; safe and & # 39; unsafe & # 39; mugs
  • & # 39; Unsafe & # 39; babycino has & # 39; full-size & # 39; marshmallow while & # 39; safe & # 39; has mini marshmallows
Advertisements

Everything about a frothy baby cino is warm, tasty and perfect for toddlers.

Advertisements

But Australian parents are warned about the less obvious but serious & # 39; choking hazard & # 39; that can be found in the popular cafe treat for kids.

Tiny Hearts Education, which offers first aid courses for children and birth courses, shared a side-by-side comparison with an & # 39; unsafe & # 39; baby cino with a & # 39; full-size & # 39; marshmallow and a & # 39; secure & # 39; cup with & # 39; mini & # 39; Marshmallows.

Tiny Hearts Education has shared a side-by-side comparison with an & # 39; unsafe & # 39; baby cino with a & # 39; full-size & # 39; marshmallow and a & # 39; secure & # 39; cup with & # 39; mini & # 39; Marshmallows

Tiny Hearts Education has shared a side-by-side comparison with an & # 39; unsafe & # 39; baby cino with a & # 39; full-size & # 39; marshmallow and a & # 39; secure & # 39; cup with & # 39; mini & # 39; Marshmallows

& # 39; We really have to be with you; there's nothing more fun than seeing your little one sipping on a baby chino, & the Australian organization said on Facebook.

Advertisements

& # 39; But parents need to be aware – although they may look cute, full-size marshmallows pose a choking hazard to our little ones. A safer option is to cut them into small pieces, use mini marshmallows, or better yet – eat the marshmallow itself.

& # 39; Know what to do if the unthinkable has happened and empower yourself with the knowledge and skills of baby and child first aid. & # 39;

The warning comes just a few weeks after a mother gave a warning to all parents after her three-year-old daughter & # 39; almost died & # 39; by eating popcorn.

Last month, a mother issued a serious warning to her parents after her three-year-old almost died of choking on popcorn (photo: Cheree & # 39; s daughter Sophie in the hospital)

Last month, a mother issued a serious warning to her parents after her three-year-old almost died of choking on popcorn (photo: Cheree & # 39; s daughter Sophie in the hospital)

Last month, a mother issued a serious warning to her parents after her three-year-old almost died of choking on popcorn (photo: Cheree & # 39; s daughter Sophie in the hospital)

Revealed: the 14 things that your children can KILL

  • crib
  • Chest of drawers
  • Doors that are not secured
  • Windows and blinds
  • Toys
  • Food
  • Unstable furniture
  • Appliances
  • Electrical outlets
  • Cleaning products with poison
Advertisements

Cheree Lawrence, 34, from Brisbane, said her little girl Sophie was rushed to first aid after she & # 39; choked & # 39; in front of the TV.

& # 39; I didn't think long about giving my three year old popcorn … She had eaten popcorn before; all of my children grew up with popcorn in their lunch box & # 39 ;, she told FEMAIL.

& # 39; I had no idea how dangerous it is for young children to aspire, or that children under the age of five should not have popcorn at all. & # 39;

By the time the concerned mother and daughter arrived at the hospital, Cheree said that Sophie's squeaky breathing was pretty scary. became.

& # 39; She also had a high whistling sound while breathing, & # 39; she said.

Advertisements

The mother said her daughter's symptoms persisted for weeks, but they were sent back with steroids, antibiotics, and Ventolin.

Five weeks later Sophie was taken to an emergency operation, where the piece of popcorn she had sucked was removed.

& # 39; The popcorn had caused some damage to her lung because it sat there for five long weeks and began to break down slowly & # 39 ;, Cheree said.

& To this day, Sophie (now five years old) still has asthma related to popcorn and uses two types of medication to help her. & # 39;

The basic child safety checklist

BEDROOM

Advertisements

1. All window coverings must be wireless or have cable clamps so that they are out of reach of children

2. Place cots, beds, chairs, and other furniture away from windows

3. Install window protection in all rooms on the second floor

LIVING ROOM

4. Attach furniture and TVs to the walls

Advertisements

5. Cover all sockets, even those that you think are out of reach

6. Install safety gates at the top and bottom of all stairs

KITCHEN / BATHROOM

7. Add safety valves to all drawers and doors

8. Place cleaning products, medicines, and other toxic items in a locked cupboard that is out of reach

Advertisements

9. Use heater knob protectors to ensure that they cannot be used temporarily

. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) femail