Two-month-old baby survives gnawing on his own hand for DAYS as he lays on his mother’s decomposing body after she dies of an overdose
- Danielle Wade, 29, died of a drug overdose in her Louisville apartment sometime after Aug. 13
- Her decomposing body was discovered by police on August 18, with her two-month-old son, Dreseun, on top of her.
- Wade’s mom said her grandson survived for days by chewing his hand until it went raw
- Baby was taken to hospital to be treated for dehydration and self-injury to his hand
A two-month-old baby boy from Kentucky survived several days by gnawing his own fingers as he lay on the rotting corpse of his mother who died of a drug overdose.
Danielle Wade, 29, was last seen alive on August 13, when she visited her mother, along with her baby, Dreseun, and her eldest son.
Five days later, Adriane Wade said her daughter was found dead in her apartment in the Four Oaks Apartments in the St. Dennis neighborhood of Louisville.
Danielle Wade, 29, died of a drug overdose in her Louisville apartment sometime after Aug. 13. Her two-month-old son was found alive on top of her decomposing corpse last week
Police discovered Wade dead in her apartment in the Four Oaks Apartments on Aug. 18
The mother was then called to the apartment by police to identify her daughter’s body, which she said had been decomposing for days, according to a WAVE3 report.
The dead woman’s son was found alive on her corpse.
Adriane spoke through tears and said her grandson survived by chewing his own fingers for food.
“That baby who was in the apartment while she was decomposing, his hand was raw from eating to survive,” Adriane said.
The baby was taken to a hospital to be treated for dehydration and the self-inflicted injuries to his hand.
Adriane Wade, Danielle’s mother, said she last saw her daughter alive on August 13, when Danielle visited her with her two sons.
Adriane said her grandson Dreseun was found atop Danielle’s decomposing body. She said the baby survived for days by gnawing its own hand
Dreseun’s grandmother described the child’s survival as a miracle and credited God with keeping him alive for days, using only his own flesh to feed him.
On Wednesday, the Louisville Metro Police Department confirmed that Danielle died of a drug overdose.
Her son is expected to make a full recovery. Adriane said she will take care of both her grandchildren.