Advertisements
A 19-year-old Briton who accused 12 Israelis of raping her in Ayia Napa, appeared in court on Tuesday accused of & # 39; public calamity & # 39; after the police said they had invented the attack

Brit, 19, who lied & # 39; about gang rape & # 39; by 12 Israelis in Ayia Napa covers her face outside the court while being confronted with a YEAR in prison and compensation of several million pounds

  • The British 19-year-old appeared today at the Cyprus court, where she was detained for eight days while the police investigated her for & # 39; public mischief & # 39;
  • She is faced with a year in prison after she allegedly submitted a false report of gang rape
  • She claimed that 12 Israeli teenagers attacked her for an hour, but later changed her story to say that three of them agreed to sex, but objected to filming her
  • Aside from that, lawyers say for three of the boys that they now intend to claim damages
Advertisements

A Briton who allegedly lied to the Cypriot police about a gang raped by a group of Israeli teenagers was shown to court today as it was revealed she was in jail for a year for & # 39; public disaster & # 39 ;

The 19-year-old Brit, who is not mentioned, covered her face when she appeared in court where she was detained for eight days while the police were investigating.

Meanwhile, for at least three of the boys she accused – who had been in jail for more than a week before being released – lawyers say they will file claims for damages they are expected to incur in the millions of pounds.

A 19-year-old Briton who accused 12 Israelis of raping her in Ayia Napa, appeared in court on Tuesday accused of & # 39; public calamity & # 39; after the police said they had invented the attack

Advertisements

A 19-year-old Briton who accused 12 Israelis of raping her in Ayia Napa, appeared in court on Tuesday accused of & # 39; public calamity & # 39; after the police said they had invented the attack

The teenager is detained for eight days while the police are investigating and is confronted with a one-year prison sentence if she is found guilty

The teenager is detained for eight days while the police are investigating and is confronted with a one-year prison sentence if she is found guilty

The teenager is detained for eight days while the police are investigating and is confronted with a one-year prison sentence if she is found guilty

The woman initially told the police that 12 boys had attacked her for an hour after she agreed to one of them having sex, but later she said she agreed to three of them, but objected to filming her, for which she did not give permission

The woman initially told the police that 12 boys had attacked her for an hour after she agreed to one of them having sex, but later she said she agreed to three of them, but objected to filming her, for which she did not give permission

The woman initially told the police that 12 boys had attacked her for an hour after she agreed to one of them having sex, but later she said she agreed to three of them, but objected to filming her, for which she did not give permission

The Israelis, between 15 and 20 years old, were arrested on July 17 and charged with subjecting the woman to a one-hour attack on the Pambos Napa Rocks Hotel.

She initially claimed to know one of the men and went to his hotel room for a consensual meeting before the rest of the group came in and attacked her.

Advertisements

The men were arrested and detained while the police collected images from cell phones and DNA samples.

Five of the twelve were then released for lack of evidence, while seven others were detained.

An identity parade was also planned before the charges were expected.

On Sunday, however, there was a dramatic development when the remaining seven were released after the woman reportedly changed her story.

The Times of Israel reports that, in subsequent police interviews, the girl declined her earlier statement and admitted that she had consensual sex with three men.

Andreas Pittadjis, the woman's lawyer, speaks to reporters outside the court on Tuesday
Advertisements

Andreas Pittadjis, the woman's lawyer, speaks to reporters outside the court on Tuesday

Andreas Pittadjis, the woman's lawyer, speaks to reporters outside the court on Tuesday

Apart from that, lawyers say to three of the defendants that they now intend to sue the woman for damages and expect the claim to cost millions of pounds

Apart from that, lawyers say to three of the defendants that they now intend to sue the woman for damages and expect the claim to cost millions of pounds

Apart from that, lawyers say to three of the defendants that they now intend to sue the woman for damages and expect the claim to cost millions of pounds

However, she became angry with some men for filming the encounter for which she had not given them permission, the paper reports.

Advertisements

After their release, the seven teenagers flew home to Israel and were depicted partying at the airport.

Lawyers from at least three of the former defendants now say that their clients want to sue the British woman for compensation.

Yaniv Habari, Nir Yaslovitzh and Yona Golub all told The Sun that they will sue for fear, defamation, loss of income and caused suffering.

A source close to the men added: & # 39; There are twelve things to hear and this will be a very expensive thing for her.

& # 39; The claims amount to millions for the suffering she has suffered. & # 39;

Advertisements

. [TagsToTranslate] Dailymail