Australians who died in Bali may have been poisoned as it appears that chest pain started after a drink
It is feared that an Australian man who died in Bali has been poisoned.
Former Kalgoorlie miner Kevin James Nunn, 68, died in his sleep at his Denpasar home on Wednesday.
Mr Nunn is the second Australian man to die in Bali this week and the third in a month.
Denpasar police chief Jansen Avitus Panjaitan said Nunn began to complain of chest pain after drinking a can of soda.
Bali police fear Kevin James Nunn (photo), 68, may have been poisoned after drinking from a can and then died in his sleep at his Denpasar home on Wednesday
At around 8 a.m., the victim drank (a can) of Schweppe soda and started walking around the house.
“At 9 am, the victim told his wife Arianti that he was feeling sick on his chest, and at 10 am the victim entered his room to lie down,” said Mr. Panjaitan. Courier post reports.
Mrs. Nunn, 29, consulted a doctor at a nearby pharmacy and brought home malaria medications, which she gave to her husband.
Then she gave him Bear Brand Milk, a form of sweet condensed local milk in a can that made Mr. Nunn vomit.
It is clear that Mr Nunn had a drink of whiskey and Coca-Cola last night.
Aussie expats in Bali are often seen wiping the tops of cans and bottles to prevent leptospirosis from the urine transferred by the rat, which can be deadly.
Police said Mr Nunn fell asleep around 11:30 am but could no longer be brought back to life.
The woman then contacted the ambulance and when the COVID task force arrived, they discovered that the man had died. There are indications that the victim was poisoned, “said Panjaitan.
Nunn’s body was taken to nearby Sanglah Hospital for examination.
A COVID-19 test was performed quickly, but came back negative.
“We are still waiting for the results of the forensic investigation and we are still trying to get the family’s approval (in Australia) to do the autopsy,” said Panjaitan.
The wife of the former miner from Kalgoorlie (pictured together) said he started complaining of chest pain around 9am after drinking a Schweppes soda an hour earlier
Ms. Nunn said the couple had returned to Bali on March 14, where Mr. Nunn had lived for five years, after a recent vacation in Australia.
Tributes started streaming on social media on Thursday for Mr Nunn, who was known to friends as ‘Nunny’.
“Terrible to hear you left our dude. My thoughts, prayers and condolences go out to your family, especially that lovely little girl of yours. Until we meet again, Rest Easy big homie ‘wrote a friend.
His wife said she was heartbroken, that she had lost her best partner and asked for other prayers.
“With a very heavy heart today, my best partner, my husband, my love, died at 2 pm at home after he was unable to breathe properly (heart attack). Please take some time for prayer about his soul, ”wrote his wife.
“I love you so much, my dear partner.”
“So sad and sorry that Kevin died. Very good and king, ”replied a friend.
Brisbane man Christopher Steven Tolley (right), 47, was found dead on Tuesday in a hotel room in Seminyak after failing to check out at 12:30 PM. He is depicted with his wife and sons
Another wrote: “He was a great guy, I’ve known Nunny for years. Rest in peace Nunny. ‘
It comes a day after the death of Brisbane man Christopher Steven Tolley, 47, was discovered unresponsive in bed by housekeepers at the Fave Hotel in Seminyak after not checking out his room.
The cause and time of Mr. Tolley’s death has yet to be determined, with an expected autopsy in the coming days.
Last month, Perth founder and surfer Rhodri Lloyd Thomas, 31, was found dead in the pool of his Canggu villa he shared with his girlfriend.
Local police believe that Mr. Thomas may have fainted underwater from exhaustion after running at high temperatures.
31-year-old Rhodri Lloyd Thomas (photo) from WA was found dead on April 9 in a Canggu villa in Bali