Leave the masks at home: Aussies told that there is no deadly coronavirus in Australia, because 15 people with the disease are in ‘good condition’
- The Chief Medical Officer of Australia said that people do not have to wear a face mask
- CMO Brendan Murphy said there was no community transmission of the disease
- There are 15 coronavirus cases in Australia, but five have since recovered
- There are fears around Indonesia that still have to confirm a case of the virus
Australians have been told to leave face masks behind, as health experts say there is no threat from the deadly corona virus.
Australia’s Chief Medical Officer, Brendan Murphy, said that despite 15 people in the country who contracted the disease, they were all in “good shape.”
After the outbreak of the disease in the Chinese city of Wuhan, many Australians hurried to buy protective face masks in a desperate attempt to avoid the virus that killed more than 1,000 people.
Australians have been told to leave the face masks behind because health experts say there is no threat from the deadly corona virus
Dr. Murphy told reporters in Canberra on Tuesday that five people with corona virus had recovered.
“There is no community transmission of this virus in Australia. We have not seen any case of sustainable transmission in this country. There is no reason for people to wear masks, “he said.
Dr. Murphy also emphasized about racial profiling for people with Asian backgrounds.
“We are deeply concerned about xenophobia and any form of racial profiling that is completely disgusted,” he said.
‘There is no reason for people to avoid someone with a certain background or image.
“We still have only 15 cases in Australia and they are all clinically in good condition. They are all in stable condition. Five have been restored. “
Dr. Murphy said that all cases had been people who had come from the Chinese province of Hubei or had been in contact with someone who had been.
“I want to reassure the community. Our quarantine is currently working extremely well and we are very, very happy that the two facilities have had excellent medical support, and of course we regularly screen everyone on a regular basis. ”
The Chief Medical Officer said there may be cause for concern as the disease continues to spread and adds, “We are clearly growing every day.”
Australia’s Chief Medical Officer, Brendan Murphy, said that despite 15 confirmed coronavirus cases in the country, these people were in good condition
There are also fears about Australians planning a trip to Bali, since Indonesia does not have to report a single case of coronavirus.
Indonesia had direct flights from Wuhan in the first weeks of the outbreak and thousands of Australians travel to Bali every week.
A study by university researchers at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health estimated that the number of cases should be much higher.
They suggested that due to the proximity of Indonesia to the epicenter of the disease, more cases should appear.
Prime Minister Scott Morrison said he discussed the issue with Indonesian President Joko Widodo and would work together to “control the impact of the corona virus between our two countries.”
Dr. Murphy said that Australia would continue to look at Indonesia to see if any cases have been confirmed.
“It is clearly somewhat surprising that there are no cases,” he said.
Thailand has reported 32 cases of coronavirus, Cambodia has one and Singapore has 43.
People with face masks stand in a line outside an office building in Singapore, as 43 cases have been confirmed in the country
AUSTRALIA WITH THE CORONAVIRUS
NEW SOUTH WALES: 4
- Three men, 43, 53 and 35 years old who had recently traveled to China, have confirmed that they have contracted the disease.
- Two flew in from Wuhan, while the other arrived in Sydney from Shenzhen, South China.
- They are treated in isolation at Westmead Hospital and are in a stable condition.
- A 21-year-old woman is identified as the fourth person who tested positive for the disease in NSW.
- The woman, a student at UNSW, flew on flight MU749 to Sydney International Airport on January 23 and presented to the emergency department 24 hours later after developing flu-like symptoms.
- She is treated in isolation at Westmead Hospital.
- A Chinese citizen aged fifty will be the first confirmed case of the corona virus in Australia.
- The man flew from Wuhan via Guangzhou to Melbourne on January 19 on the Southern Southern flight CZ321.
- He is now in quarantine at the Monash Hospital in Clayton in the east of Melbourne.
- A Victorian man in his sixties is diagnosed with the corona virus.
- He became unwell on January 23 – two days after his return from the Chinese city of Wuhan, the epicenter of the outbreak.
- The man was confirmed as positive on January 29 and was subsequently seen by doctors at the Monash Medical Center. He was rated good enough to stay at home.
- A woman in her forties has a corona virus.
- She was visiting from China and mainly spent time with her family.
- She is being treated at the Royal Melbourne Hospital.
- A woman in her twenties in Melbourne appears to have the virus
QUEEN COUNTRY: 5
- Queensland confirms its first case after a 44-year-old Chinese subject was diagnosed with the virus.
- He is being treated at the Gold Coast University Hospital.
- A 42-year-old Chinese woman who traveled in the same Wuhan travel group as the 44-year-old man tested positive. She is in stable condition at the Gold Coast University Hospital.
- The corona virus has been diagnosed in an eight-year-old boy. He also comes from the travel group where the other Queensland cases came from
- The case was found in a 37-year-old man who was a member of a group of nine Chinese tourists in quarantine on the Gold Coast
- A 37-year-old woman was diagnosed with the corona virus of the same travel group that flew from Melbourne to Queensland on January 27
SOUTH AUSTRALIA: 2
- A Chinese couple in their 60s who arrived in Adelaide from Wuhan to visit relatives have been confirmed to have a corona virus.
- It has been confirmed that two Australians have the virus in Wuhan itself. Australia has increased the travel alarm level to ‘not traveling’ for the city of Wuhan – the epicenter of the outbreak – and for the entire Hubei province.
- Chief Medical Officer Brendan Murphy says that unless people are in contact with someone who doesn’t feel well and comes from that part of China, there is no cause for concern.
- Four Australians are among the 65 newly confirmed coronavirus cases aboard the quarantined Diamond Princess cruise ship docked in Yokohama.