Mom is criticized for her VERY disorganized dishwasher – as Australians think about the best ways to stack it for best results
- A mother’s disorganized dishwasher has divided hundreds on social media
- Wife sparked discussion after sharing photo of messy dishwasher
- She asked the best ways to stack plates so that there is more space for storing extra items
One mom’s extremely disorganized dishwasher has distributed hundreds on social media — many revealing how they typically load their appliance.
A Melbourne woman sparked a heated argument after asking Australians to share their tips on exactly how to stack their plates so that there is more space for storing extra-dirty plates, bowls, pots and pans.
“It feels like I only use half the dishwasher capacity, even when I stack it neatly,” she explains in a Facebook group.
She shared a photo of someone else’s dishwasher filled to the brim with tangled plates, bowls, food containers, cutlery, and glasses so she could get an idea of how to rearrange the items.
One mom’s extremely disorganized dishwasher has distributed hundreds on social media — many revealing how they typically load their appliance
Her post quickly garnered more than 350 responses, many of which said they were ‘shocked’ by the state of the person’s disorganized dishwasher.
“Nightmares are made of this,” wrote one woman, while another added, “For starters, don’t stack it up like that.”
One woman said she always leaves holes so she has enough room to put spatulas and dishwasher-safe knives under the pans.
Another mom said she always sorts her items by size.
Calculate different sections in the dishwasher and arrange plates and bowls by their size. It’s also easier for you to unload the dishwasher when it’s done,” she said.
One woman said she always leaves a gap between her plates for a thorough wash.
“Frankly, if the dishwasher feels roomy, it’s probably done right. People complain that their dishwashers aren’t working properly, but that’s probably because they’re overfilling theirs. I usually leave a gap between each plate to wash it properly, ‘she said.
While another said: ‘Well, not stacking it like the picture is a good start. The neater you stack, the more you have to fit in. ‘
Many shared tips on how to load their dishwasher – including leaving gaps between dishes and arranging items according to their size
CHOICE consumer expert Ashley Iredale revealed the ‘right’ ways to load the dishwasher
How to fill your dishwasher
1. Heavy items in the lower basket. This includes pots, pans and large crockery, such as plates and bowls. If your dishwasher has removable teeth or plate racks, use these to fit pots or pans
2. Lighter items in the middle or top basket. This includes cups, glasses, small plates and bowls. Cups, glasses, pots, bowls or mugs with deep recesses should be angled to allow water to drain out rather than build up
3. Place items with the dirty part facing in toward the center of the dishwasher as this will get more of the spray arm action.
4. Make sure not to block the spray arms with tall objects
5. Do not place objects on top of each other to prevent the water from the spray arms reaching the dirt
6. Adjust your teeth and plate racks to make sure each item doesn’t touch other items. Contact points between items are places where water, detergent and dirt can collect.
CREDIT: Choice Australia
Earlier this year, consumer expert Ashley Iredale came out CHOICE revealed the ‘correct’ ways to fill a dishwasher.
As a rule of thumb, he said that heavy items should be placed in the bottom basket.
‘This includes pots, pans and large crockery such as dinner plates and dishes. If your dishwasher has removable teeth or plate racks, use these to fit pots or pans, ‘he said.
The lighter items should always be stacked in the middle or in the top basket.
This includes cups, glasses, small plates and bowls. Cups, glasses, jars, bowls or mugs with deep recesses should be angled so that the water can drain rather than build up,” he said.