Advertisements
Brianna Scott (photo right) and Katie Linane (photo left) went to Bali and drank cocktails - a move that would give them methanol poisoning

Australian friends wake up in Bali with what they thought they were a hangover before they heard they were SENT on a night out – because they give a strict warning to other tourists

  • Brianna Scott and Katie Linane, both 21, went to Bali for the first time last week
  • The women drank cocktails and began to feel sick shortly after their last drink
  • The Victorian women believed that they became ill due to the addition of methanol to their drink
Advertisements

Two friends on vacation in Bali suffered from loss of vision, diarrhea and vomiting after they unwittingly drank cocktails with methanol.

Brianna Scott and Katie Linane, both 21, were partying on the Indonesian holiday island on Saturday night, when their journey took a negative turn.

The women, both from Ballarat in Victoria, started feeling sick when they finished their last drink at 11 p.m. before they both went to bed.

Brianna Scott (photo right) and Katie Linane (photo left) went to Bali and drank cocktails - a move that would give them methanol poisoning

Advertisements

Brianna Scott (photo right) and Katie Linane (photo left) went to Bali and drank cocktails – a move that would give them methanol poisoning

When they woke up Sunday, their circumstances had deteriorated.

& # 39; At first we thought it was just a terrible hangover. We had dizziness, Katie & # 39; s vision was blurry and I honestly couldn't see much. I saw stars. I thought it should be a little bit of heat stroke, & Scott said Yahoo News Australia.

& # 39; We were spitting power and we had the runs. It wouldn't stop, we just went back to bed to sleep, because that's all we could do. We were completely dysfunctional. & # 39;

The young women initially believed they had drunk too much alcohol – but when they awoke after a seven-hour sleep, they still felt unwell.

They had delivered food to home – but only Scott could keep it inside. Mrs. Linane started to panic when her vision deteriorated.

& # 39; Katie woke up and didn't want to touch her food, she still had runny nose and her eyesight had deteriorated. She immediately went to hysteria because she had 20/20 vision and could really see that it was not right, & Mrs. Scott said.

The women (Mrs. Scott pictured) closed their last drink at 11 p.m. - and shortly thereafter they began to feel ill
Advertisements

The women (Mrs. Scott pictured) closed their last drink at 11 p.m. - and shortly thereafter they began to feel ill

Mrs. Scott and Mrs. Linane (photo) went looking for answers about their illness on Facebook

Mrs. Scott and Mrs. Linane (photo) went looking for answers about their illness on Facebook

The women (Mrs. Scott pictured left, Mrs. Linane pictured right) closed their last drink at 11 p.m. – and shortly thereafter they began to feel ill

Eventually they turned to Facebook for answers – and ran into Just Don & # 39; t Drink Spirits in Bali, run by Colin Ahearn, who advised them that they most likely had methanol poisoning based on their symptoms.

He said it is not unusual for drinks to be illegally fortified on methanol in Bali.

Advertisements

& # 39; Long story short, they sent me a message on the page late Saturday night, a bit scared and hoping to get some answers about what to do, & # 39; Ahearn said to Daily Mail Australia.

Ahearn told the young women who drink vodka, strangely enough to alleviate the symptoms, and he sent Mrs. Scott a bottle.

He said you should never drink spirits – not even bought in bottles – in Bali.

The couple (photo) experienced vision loss, diarrhea, vomiting, dizziness and fatigue

The couple (photo) experienced vision loss, diarrhea, vomiting, dizziness and fatigue

The couple (photo) experienced vision loss, diarrhea, vomiting, dizziness and fatigue

Advertisements

The vodka from outside Bali arrived and all symptoms started to disappear.

Mrs. Scott said that drinking the cocktails was not worth their four days of ill health.

They advised fellow travelers & # 39; not to be fooled & # 39; and buy spirits from tax free.

They also said they should get a local SIM card so that they have access to the outside world in case something goes wrong.

Mrs. Scott (photo) said that drinking the cocktails was not worth the four days that they could not enjoy their vacation

Mrs. Scott (photo) said that drinking the cocktails was not worth the four days that they could not enjoy their vacation

Advertisements

Mrs. Scott (photo) said that drinking the cocktails was not worth the four days that they could not enjoy their vacation

. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) news