DESIGN WASTE BAN timetable
* Glass by July 2020.
* Mixed plastics by July 2021.
* Tires by December 2021.
* The rest by June 2022.
* Recover at least 80 percent of the material in all waste streams.
* Ensure that the government uses more recycled materials in projects, for example on roads.
* Reduce the amount of organic (food) waste that is dumped by half.
* Technical standards to encourage the use of recycled materials in construction.
* Battery manufacturers will be encouraged to launch an industry-led recycling program.
* At the next meeting, the federal government was instructed to explain how its plan to reduce Australia's emissions under the Paris Agreement works.
* The ministers signed the Australian Strategy for Nature 2019-2030.
* It includes three broad goals – connecting Australians with nature, taking care of nature, as well as sharing and building knowledge.
* Ministers will work on a national approach to limit the effects of worn nets, in particular on platypus.
* A new strategy is needed to combat feral cats, with ministers to further discuss the issue at their next meeting.
* Wild cats kill around 459 million native Australian mammals, 596 million reptiles and 316 million birds each year.
* Murujugu, or the Burrup Peninsula, near Karratha in WA, will be presented as a world heritage site.
* Ministers will look at ways to wipe out domestic trade in ivory and rhino horn.
. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) news