Advertisements
Richard Pumpa (photo) quickly turned triple-zero after he noticed smoke coming from a window of the house of Lily Edwards & Asquith in the upper north coast of New South Wales on Tuesday at 11.30 a.m.

& # 39; Australia Post REALLY delivers & # 39 ;: how a local postman saved the lives of the beloved cats and dogs of a family after devastating fire was pulled through their home

  • Richard Pumpa tripled threefold after he noticed that smoke came from a house
  • Firefighters put out a fire in the kitchen and rescue two cats and dogs
  • The fire was caused by an electrical short circuit in a greasy kitchen
Advertisements

An Australia Post employee is credited with saving the lives of a family's pets after a fire destroyed their home.

Richard Pumpa quickly triple-zero during his morning post-run after seeing smoke from a window of Lily Edwards' house in Asquith, Sydney around 11:30 on Tuesday.

Firefighters rushed to the scene and blew the furious fire into the kitchen and saved two dogs and two cats who had been home without owners.

A Fire and Rescue Hornsby spokesperson told Daily Mail Australia that an electrical short circuit caused accessibility that was covered with grease.

Advertisements

Richard Pumpa (photo) quickly turned triple-zero after he noticed smoke coming from a window of the house of Lily Edwards & Asquith in the upper north coast of New South Wales on Tuesday at 11.30 a.m.

Richard Pumpa (photo) quickly turned triple-zero after he noticed smoke coming from a window of the house of Lily Edwards & Asquith in the upper north coast of New South Wales on Tuesday at 11.30 a.m.

Firefighters hurried to the stage and blew a fire in the kitchen and saved two dogs and two cats who had been home without owners

Firefighters hurried to the stage and blew a fire in the kitchen and saved two dogs and two cats who had been home without owners

Firefighters hurried to the stage and blew a fire in the kitchen and saved two dogs and two cats who had been home without owners

& # 39; Fat had built up on the hood and had not been cleaned and led to the fire, & # 39; said the spokesman.

& # 39; These are situations in which neglecting something very small can lead to a very dangerous situation. & # 39;

The pets were treated with oxygen on site and brought to the vet for smoke inhalation by the NSW police.

Advertisements

Mr Pumpa tore the gate off the family home and started spraying the fire from outside, after he had called the emergency team.

Mrs Edwards thanked Mr Pumpa and the authorities for their prompt response.

& # 39; I can't thank you enough for everything you've done. You saved our pets and I am so grateful for everything, & she said.

& # 39; I am indebted to you forever. & # 39;

A postman has saved the lives of pets from a house destroyed by a fire

A postman has saved the lives of pets from a house destroyed by a fire

A postman has saved the lives of pets from a house destroyed by a fire
Advertisements

A postman has saved the lives of pets from a house destroyed by a fire

A Fire and Rescue Hornsby spokesperson told Daily Mail Australia that an electrical short circuit caused the accessibility, covered in grease, to be set on fire

& # 39; I can't thank you enough for everything you've done. You saved our pets and I am so grateful for everything, & Mrs. Edwards said (photo)

& # 39; I can't thank you enough for everything you've done. You saved our pets and I am so grateful for everything, & Mrs. Edwards said (photo)

& # 39; I can't thank you enough for everything you've done. You saved our pets and I am so grateful for everything, & Mrs. Edwards said (photo)

The fire and rescue team said the fire & # 39; relatively fast & # 39; was extinguished.

Advertisements

& # 39; An absolutely fantastic answer to a 000 call. Sirens heard after 000 calls in no time. Thank you, you have made the fire winners bad, & said Mr. Pumpa.

The postman has been praised as a & # 39; legend & # 39; on social media for saving the animals and for helping to stop the fire.

Fire and Rescue NSW has posted: & # 39; Australia Post really delivers & # 39 ;.

& # 39; Hope post keeps track of how valuable you and girls are, not only to your organization, but also to the community & # 39 ;, one user wrote.

& # 39; Whoever thinks you only deliver letters, underestimates what you do. Thank you very much. & # 39;

Mr Pumpa tore the gate off the family home and started spraying the fire from outside after calling the emergency team
Advertisements

Mr Pumpa tore the gate off the family home and started spraying the fire from outside after calling the emergency team

Mr Pumpa tore the gate off the family home and started spraying the fire from outside after calling the emergency team

. (TagsToTranslate) Dailymail (t) news