Foodie shares six great kitchen tricks – and how to keep pots from boiling over with an unexpected ingredient
- Foodie Armen Adamjan shared his top tips in the kitchen
- One of them was smearing butter on the rim of a pot to prevent the water from boiling over
A foodie revealed six little-known tricks when cooking or baking — like how to keep pots of water from boiling on the stove with a kitchen staple.
Armin Adamjan, better known as Creative Explained, shared briefly and quickly video He details his tips with 3.8 million followers on Instagram.
Clever kitchen hacks I find so helpful! Maybe you will too,” he captioned the entertaining clip.
To prevent the water from boiling over the pot, Armin said he simply smeared butter around the inside edge of the rim. Water will not pass into the fatty layer of butter.
Scroll down for the video
Armin Adamjan, aka Creative Explained, shared the best take on his kitchen. Armin Adamjan, aka Creative Explained, shared the best take on his kitchen
In the video, he went on to lay out his other “helpful” tips.
Armin swapped out his wine glasses to fit in his upper kitchen cabinet.
One glass was placed in the correct direction, then the next glass upside down, and so on. Not only does this trick fit in storage space, but it also looks more luxurious.
Next, share a simple trick for cleaning silverware using two ingredients.
He put teaspoons in a bowl and then sprinkled them on an appropriate amount of baking soda and then added vinegar on top.
When the two volatilize together a chemical reaction occurs and all stains are removed. His cutlery has been left looking sparkling new.
Armin also shared how to prevent food from sticking to the pan.
“If food sticks to the stainless steel pan, it’s because it wasn’t ‘ready to pick it up,'” he said.
To make sure the pan was hot enough, he advised doing the “water test.”
“Spray some water in the hot pan and if it evaporates, it’s not ready,” he said, adding, “If the water wobbles, it’s ready.”
DIY pickles can also be made using leftover pickle juice. Simply cut a cucumber and put it in the pickle juice.
After a week or so the cucumbers will turn pickled.
Unknown kitchen hacks
1. Prevent the water from boiling over a saucepan by smearing some butter around the rim
2. Alternate the position of the wine glasses (one right side up, the other upside down) to fit more in the cabinet
3. Put the silverware in a bowl, pour baking soda over it and add vinegar to clean it
4. When cooking or baking with flour, use a whisk to chop it up
5. If food sticks to your stainless steel pan, it’s because it wasn’t “ready to pick it up”. Do the “water test”. Splash some water into the hot pan and if it evaporates, it’s not ready. If the water oozes, it’s ready.
6. Don’t throw out the pickle juice, instead chop up some cucumber and put it in the juice and enjoy fresh pickles
The video has since been viewed more than 1.8 million times, with many thanking Armin for sharing his knowledge.
“This is awesome,” one wrote, and another added, “Thank you for the education, I had no idea!”
Another said, “I’m trying the butter trick.”
Others said placing a wooden spoon across the bowl to keep the water from bubbling.