Lifestyle

Are the stars going to cancel Balenciaga’s? Kim’s a maybe and Nicole’s silent

According to Galimberti, who says he has received hate mail following the controversy, the selection of the bondage bear bags was out of his control.

“I am not in a position to comment on Balenciaga’s choices, but I must emphasize that I was in no way entitled to or chose [sic] the products, nor the models, nor the combination thereof”, Galimberti published in a statement. to your Instagram account.

“As a photographer, I was only asked to illuminate [sic] the given scene, and I take the shots according to my characteristic style. As usual in a commercial shoot, the direction of the campaign and the choice of exhibits are not in the hands of the photographer”.

When did the controversy start?

Last week, YouTuber June Nicole Lapine posted to her Twitter account: “The ‘Balenciaga’ brand just did an uh… interesting… photo shoot for their new products recently, which included a very deliberately poorly hidden court document on ‘virtual child pornography.'” The post featured the controversial images of children with teddy bears and another ad featuring an hourglass-shaped bag.

The bag ad was part of an earlier campaign promoting Balenciaga’s collaboration with Adidas, who were also Ye’s partners. The ad document was a copy of a 2008 Supreme Court ruling related to child pornography.

So what has Balenciaga done?

Charging

Following outrage on social media (the hashtag #cancelbalenciaga has had 25 million views on TikTok), an apology was issued on Balenciaga’s Instagram account.

“We sincerely apologize for any offense our holiday campaign may have caused,” the statement said. “Our teddy bear bags should not have been shown with children in this campaign. We have immediately removed the campaign from all platforms.”

In response to the earlier campaign of handbags containing the court documents, another statement said that the brand is taking legal action.

“We apologize for showing disturbing documents in our campaign. We take this matter very seriously and are taking legal action against the parties responsible for creating the set and including unapproved items for our Spring 23 campaign photo shoot,” the company said.

What is the reaction?

Kardashian, who has appeared in Balenciaga ad campaigns and walked in the same show as Nicole Kidman, has kept the door open to future work with the brand on her terms.

“As for my future with Balenciaga, I am currently reassessing my relationship with the brand, basing it on their willingness to accept responsibility for something that should never have happened to begin with, and the actions I hope to see them take to protect children. ”Kardashian concluded on Twitter.

There has been no comment from Kidman, who last week published his campaign image for Balenciagawearing a black trench coat, to his Instagram account.

Kering, the luxury conglomerate that owns Balenciaga, along with Gucci and Alexander McQueen, has yet to issue a statement. Former employee Nicolas Ghesquière, who was creative director at Balenciaga before moving to Louis Vuitton in 2013, took first place.

“When I left @kering in 2012 I felt disconnected and hurt by [their] values ​​and dishonesty,” Ghesquière posted in an Instagram Story.

Get the most out of your health, relationships, fitness and nutrition with our Live Well Newsletter. Receive it in your inbox every Monday.

Show More

Jacky

The author of what'snew2day.com is dedicated to keeping you up-to-date on the latest news and information.

Related Articles

Back to top button